Posting glass container candles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting glass container candles

Just wondering if Royal Mail will accept packages containing a jar or tumbler candle? I tried unsuccessfully a couple of weeks ago to send a box of jars to Isabel and, between us, we couldn't find a quote under I think £30 and many companies said they wouldn't carry glass.

If I ever get round to selling a jar candle can I send it by Royal Mail? Obviously it'll have to be well packed.

Thanks,

Marion

ps another question - do you all use recorded delivery? My brother who has his own business says always to use it because it's surprising the number of customers who claim items didn't arrive. But it fairly racks up the postage.

I have received candles in the post that are in glass tumblers before.
    I think I will send parcels first class which is £2.70 for a packet under 500g the price rises to £3.65 for recorded.

Comment

recorded is only 95p more than normal first class.. i send EVERYTHING recorded as your brothers right.. a few people will say OH its not hear blah blah. and you bet it is.. and they will post glass RM, but you will need to make sure they are wrapped very well...
      My Flickr - with my Photos, and my Crafts.
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/hootnoots/

Animal crackers.

Comment

Thanks both. Trying to get postage levels sorted out for website. I think I'll go for 2nd class recorded. Might offer 1st class recorded as an option. Not sure yet. Thanks for the info on glass. Much appreciated.

Marion

Comment

Either way postage is expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by burning_it_at_both_ends View Post
            Either way postage is expensive.
            You're right Lou but then we all pay it too don't we. When we buy candle supplies we pay the postage, whatever it is. So hopefully it won't put buyers off.

Comment

I worried over this but I think people are resigned to the fact they have to pay postage on top. it's the way of the world!
              i'll be sending glass by way of RM just well packaged.
              I haven't yet added a Recorded options but I will be soon. Recorded second class sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Working...
              X