Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candle Olympics Participants

Hi All
    Please only reply to this thread if you are taking part in the above.
    Contestants so far

Impartial Adjudicator Spencer The Grout Davis

Lane 1 Marion Fletch T
    Lane 2 Laura Shayler
    Lane 3 Val Barraclough Sheddie
    Lane 4 ?Ives Squeakyclean
    Lane 5 Louise Porridge Burning_it_at_both_ends
    Lane 6 Isabel MacKay Holehouse
    Lane 7
    Lane 8
    Lane 9
    Lane 10

Please add your name if you wish to join (it's only a bit of fun)
    There seems to be a distinct lack of male participants.....clearly the males on this forum realise that woman are the better chandlers and don't want to be shown up. If you believe otherwise add your name...we dare you!
    Details on dates and postage of entries will be supplied by Spencer shortly.
    Last edited by holehouse; 02-02-2013, 11:18 PM.

Very many thanks to our generous benefactor CandleMan at That Flaming Candle Company for the prize donation.
    It should help bring in a few more names forward for this lunacy... I mean, fine competition!

And speaking of which, I shall set the deadline for entrants names to come forward as close of play Friday 8th Feb.

I was going to suggest earlier than that, but I shall be a bit busy recovering from a red wine induced state for much of the middle of this week (me birthday on Monday you see).

The actual (as yet unannounced) tealight submission date will not be too long after that. So get working on those long slow burners whilst you can and watch this space for further details!!

Happy Sunday.

Grouty.

Comment

Is it a BIG burfday, Grouty?

Comment

Nah, not really. As I mentioned before I was barely sitting up unaided during the long hot summer of 1976.
        I'll let you do the maths as it makes me weep to even mention the number...

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
          Nah, not really. As I mentioned before I was barely sitting up unaided during the long hot summer of 1976.
          I'll let you do the maths as it makes me weep to even mention the number...
          I can't bring myself to comment, other than to say I remember 76 so well. Happy days!

Old Fletch

Comment

Hi All
            Please only reply to this thread if you are taking part in the above.
            Contestants so far

Impartial Adjudicator Spencer The Grout Davis

Lane 1 Marion Fletch T
            Lane 2 Laura Shayler
            Lane 3 Val Barraclough Sheddie
            Lane 4 ?Ives Squeakyclean
            Lane 5 Louise Porridge Burning_it_at_both_ends
            Lane 6 Isabel MacKay Holehouse
            Lane 7 Naz B
            Lane 8 Wicky
            Lane 9 Da Costa
            Lane 10
            Lane 11
            Lane 12
            Lane 13
            Lane 14
            Lane 15

Please add your name if you wish to join (it's only a bit of fun)
            There seems to be a distinct lack of male participants.....clearly the males on this forum realise that woman are the better chandlers and don't want to be shown up. If you believe otherwise add your name...we dare you!
            Details on dates and postage of entries will be supplied by Spencer shortly.

STOP PRESS** STOP PRESS** STOP PRESS**
            Candleman and the lovely people from That Flaming Candle Company are donating a prize of a 100ml bottle of FO to go with Spencers technically brilliant, hand poured candle. The stakes are high....get in while you can!

STOP PRESS**STOP PRESSS**STOP PRESS**
            Closing date for nominations is Friday 8th February. Hurry, before you miss it. Just add you name to this thread.

STOP PRESS**STOP PRESS** STOP PRESS**
            Spencer announces his 37th Birthday on Monday 4th Feb Closing date for submission delayed because adjudicator will be too hungover to judge.
            Last edited by holehouse; 03-02-2013, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Snork Isabel. It's better than the telly!

Comment

Add me please. I've never even made a tealight before but I've got to start somewhere, right?! How hard can it be?

Comment

Originally posted by DaCosta View Post
                  Add me please. I've never even made a tealight before but I've got to start somewhere, right?! How hard can it be?
                  Excellent--you're in.

Comment

Originally posted by DaCosta View Post
                    Piece of cake, DaCosta! Welcome on board.

Comment

well i have my wee ones burning happily in the kitchen and i thought i'd ask if here would be any wick trimming going on before/during the start of the test. i'm assuming not.

not looking too bad considering i've never made tealights before; quite happy with them, even if they don't manage to pass the endurance test

Comment

P1000058.JPGCould this be the golden ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]34977[/ATTACH]Could this be the golden ticket?
                          It's certainly in the top ten ...

(running & ducking)

Comment

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
                            It's certainly in the top ten ...

(running & ducking)
                            Ha Ha You're so funny...get back to wicking those jars!

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
                              Ha Ha You're so funny...get back to wicking those jars!
                              Noooooooooooooooooooooooo. Don't mention the jars. (mutters: the jars, the jars ...)

Comment

Working...
                              X