Crisis of confidence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crisis of confidence

The wick (ECO14) I use in my tins has always performed but if you remember I had unwaxed wick and hadn’t been priming it.
    I had ago at priming it and got in a right old muddle so decided to buy the wick pre-waxed instead. So last night I made up some tins with the wick and have been burning them and I have tunneling issues. I have re-melted the wax and stuck another wick in it to give to another go but won’t burn it until tomorrow.
    I was already to go and make my first ‘proper’ batch up but now I have wick worries.

I feel your pain, Lou. Isn't it frustrating how changing the smallest thing can knock you off course. Let us know how the other wick behaves. Fingers crossed.

Marion

Comment

If the unprimed wick worked for you, then go back to that.
      I would suggest priming enough of the wick so the bit that pokes out is wax coated, just to give it that little bit of fuel to get the whole thing going.

But honestly, feel free to ignore me and do what works for you.
      My posts are advice from experience only and my suggestions are not necessarily going to work for everyone every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
        If the unprimed wick worked for you, then go back to that.
        I would suggest priming enough of the wick so the bit that pokes out is wax coated, just to give it that little bit of fuel to get the whole thing going.

But honestly, feel free to ignore me and do what works for you.
        My posts are advice from experience only and my suggestions are not necessarily going to work for everyone every time.
        Thanks Spencer.

Comment

Lou, don't lose heart it will come out right in the end.
          Spencer's right, go back to what you know works and then, when you're launched and have more time to play, continue to perfect your candles with primed or unprimed wicks.
          It all comes down to what works for you and your products, if it is safe, burns well and gives pleasure to the owner you won't go far wrong!
          I'll be testing Eco's next week so doubtless I'l be in the same boat, just remember Marion and the jars - she never thought she would get them to burn to her exacting standard but with practice practic practice, advice from here and doubtless more than a few glasses of vino-she's done it...and you will too.

Isabel

PS loving the bowl of porridge!

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
            It all comes down to what works for you and your products, if it is safe, burns well and
            I'll be testing Eco's next week so doubtless I'l be in the same boat, just remember Marion and the jars - she never thought she would get them to burn to her exacting standard but with practice practic practice, advice from here and doubtless more than a few glasses of vino-she's done it...and you will too.

Isabel

PS loving the bowl of porridge!
            I am nervously confident (how's that for a contradiction!) that my wood wicked jar will be ok. Hang in there Lou. Eat your porridge and remember Goldilocks had to try 3 beds before the found the right one!

Marion x

Comment

The other wick tunneled too, so I have melted the candle down and primed some wicks and going to try that. I think if that tunnels its a rogue candle!

Comment

Originally posted by burning_it_at_both_ends View Post
                The other wick tunneled too, so I have melted the candle down and primed some wicks and going to try that. I think if that tunnels its a rogue candle!
                Oh how frustrating! It's exhausting isn't it. Best of luck with the next test, Lou.

Marion

Comment

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
                  Oh how frustrating! It's exhausting isn't it. Best of luck with the next test, Lou.

Marion
                  Fingers crossed for old faithful!

Comment

I shoved a wick (the same size) in I primed myself and volia ~ burning like a peach!
                    I will start making up my batches this week

Comment

I shoved a wick (the same size) in I primed myself and volia ~ burning like a peach!
                      Great news..really pleased for you. Onwards and Upwards!
                      Just one question...How does a peach burn?

Isabelx

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
                        Just one question...How does a peach burn?

Isabelx
                        Perfectly x

Comment

Perfectly x

Hehe.
                          Great work Lou. How did the photo-shoot go?

Comment

The photo shoot is on Friday
                            I have to make all the products for it now. Done some tealights and wax melts today but lots to do.
                            Can't wait to show you the pics!

Comment

Great! Well done. Good luck for this week,

Marion

Comment

Working...
                              X