Ordering Labels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ordering Labels

I have posted in the past of my quest for completely clear labels to put on little acetate boxes of tealights and also onto candle jars.

I've decided it might be easier to have the labels professionally printed and I'm now phoning around for quotes. The best I've found so far is 10p a label which seems a little pricey. This is for 21 per sheet, minimum order 25 sheets. I'm going to try some local companies tomorrow but what do you all think of 10p?

The size is around 65 mm x 35 mm and I haven't asked for a graphic or anything other than round 6 lines of text (business name, address & email address)

Thanks,

Marion

Personally I think that sounds a bit much!

I had a quote cheaper than that not so long ago that included graphics and a gold ink border!
    I never went through with it, but I shall have a hunt around and see if I can find which company it was from.

Comment

Much 'bliged Grouty.

Comment

Oh gawd! We have Fletch now too?

Who's next?

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
          Oh gawd! We have Fletch now too?

Who's next?
          Come on Godber! We need our Lennie. (I was going to be Ingrid but thought that might be stretching it a bit ...)

Comment

Marion, it's so much cheaper to do them yourself, unless you want a really professional colour one or something not simple. have you got Photoshop?.. If not you can use avery online templates, click the blank option and then you can upload a pic from your computer if you wanted to or just have text, it even prints them out for you on the templates, so easy

Comment

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
              Marion, it's so much cheaper to do them yourself, unless you want a really professional colour one or something not simple. have you got Photoshop?.. If not you can use avery online templates, click the blank option and then you can upload a pic from your computer if you wanted to or just have text, it even prints them out for you on the templates, so easy
              Thanks for the suggestion. I'm ok creating the labels. The problem is I can't get completely clear ones with an inkjet printer. I think I'd need to move over to a laserjet printer and don't really want to do that, given the ongoing costs of toner, plus the cost of buying. I am printing my own ones at the moment but, as I've maybe mentioned, I can't get them completely clear. They are a bit frosted.

Comment

I got sent some clear sample ones from Label Planet for Inkjet, they were 63.5mm x 38.1mm.. Is that what your after?

Comment

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
                  I got sent some clear sample ones from Label Planet for Inkjet, they were 63.5mm x 38.1mm.. Is that what your after?
                  That's about the size. Have you tried them? If so, are they completely clear and do they take dark ink ok? I had heard inkjets couldn't hold dark ink on clear labels. But happy to be convinced otherwise. 10p a label was not in my calculations! Off to have a look for them online - thanks Wicky x

found them - I might ask for samples so I can try printing. Thanks again.
                  Last edited by MarionT; 31-01-2013, 10:37 PM. Reason: PS

Comment

I got some clear circular stickers for the base of my mugs from http://www.discountbannerprinting.co.uk/
                    At the time they had a min order of £30 but for 30mm round stickers they worked out about 3.5p each. Think they do most shapes.

Hope this helps,

Neil.
                    Science meets Art!

Microscope photograph gifts revealing the hidden beauty of the world around us.

http://www.sciartimages.co.uk
                    http://www.facebook.com/SciArtImages

Comment

Originally posted by SciArtImages View Post
                      I got some clear circular stickers for the base of my mugs from http://www.discountbannerprinting.co.uk/
                      At the time they had a min order of £30 but for 30mm round stickers they worked out about 3.5p each. Think they do most shapes.

Hope this helps,

Neil.
                      Thanks Neil - it certainly does. I'm off to have a look.

Marion

Comment

I've just emailed them an enquiry - thanks so much Neil.

Marion

Comment

No problem Marion. I also think they have a calculator on their website, so you can maximise the number of labels you get printed by altering the size slightly.

Neil.
                          Science meets Art!

Microscope photograph gifts revealing the hidden beauty of the world around us.

http://www.sciartimages.co.uk
                          http://www.facebook.com/SciArtImages

Comment

Originally posted by SciArtImages View Post
                            No problem Marion. I also think they have a calculator on their website, so you can maximise the number of labels you get printed by altering the size slightly.

Neil.
                            I'll have a good look tomorrow. Thanks again,

Marion

Comment

They took the ink fine, I used Black, Brown and Burgundy on them.. They are not waterproof though, that's the only thing

Comment

Working...
                              X