Candle Olympics!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candle Olympics!! :)

Right, I honestly think we should do this!

Ladies and Jellybeans, dare you put your candle making skills to the test? Head to head with your peers in "The 1st Annual Candle Olympics"??

Round 1 - The Tealight Marathon.

Nice and simple this one - Create the longest burning tealight you possibly can.

You can use any wax, any wick, any additives you so desire. The only rule is, the candle must be contained within a regular sized tealight cup (either aluminium or polycarbonate).

As organiser it's only fair that I will be judge, so you will have to send me your submission.
    I will space them evenly, burn concurrently and produce photographic evidence of progress.
    I wont even submit an entry myself to avoid claims of cheating!

If there's enough interest I will even consider putting together some kind of prize for the winner.

Come on.. you know you want to!!!

Reply to this threat to register your interest. Further details will follow if and when anyone decides they're brave enough

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
    Right, I honestly think we should do this!

Ladies and Jellybeans, dare you put your candle making skills to the test? Head to head with your peers in "The 1st Annual Candle Olympics"??

Round 1 - The Tealight Marathon.

Nice and simple this one - Create the longest burning tealight you possibly can.

You can use any wax, any wick, any additives you so desire. The only rule is, the candle must be contained within a regular sized tealight cup (either aluminium or polycarbonate).

As organiser it's only fair that I will be judge, so you will have to send me your submission.
    I will space them evenly, burn concurrently and produce photographic evidence of progress.
    I wont even submit an entry myself to avoid claims of cheating!

If there's enough interest I will even consider putting together some kind of prize for the winner.

Come on.. you know you want to!!!

Reply to this threat to register your interest. Further details will follow if and when anyone decides they're brave enough
    I'm in. Is there chocolate????

Comment

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
      I'm in. Is there chocolate????
      Chocolate fragranced candles? Or proper chocolate?

Comment

Ewwwwww. Proper chocolate please. You know how we feel about chocolate candles round these parts! Tsk.

Comment

I'm on your side with that! I make them, but cannot stand them!

Comment

Make it one of your candles and I'm in doubt if I'll win though!
            "It's not the winning that counts...it's the taking part" Poppycock!!!

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
              Blethers Mr McKay. We'll whip his ass.

BTW, Grouty, how do you change your profile pic? I've been trying to do it but can't see how)

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
                It's a deal!

Comment

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
                  Blethers Mr McKay. We'll whip his ass.

BTW, Grouty, how do you change your profile pic? I've been trying to do it but can't see how)
                  Go into edit profile (under forum actions) and click change avatar! Since it seems I'm the mouthy Scot I was just about to do the same.!!!
                  Last edited by holehouse; 31-01-2013, 09:56 PM.

Comment

You know I'm in!

Comment

Sounds like fun! however I'm not making tealights, so I'll have to sit out this round. If theres choccies up for grabs though, I may in on future rounds

Comment

Originally posted by LauraShayler View Post
                        You know I'm in!

Excellent stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by squeakyclean View Post
                          Sounds like fun! however I'm not making tealights, so I'll have to sit out this round. If theres choccies up for grabs though, I may in on future rounds
                          Awww, come on! Give it a go!!

Comment

Originally posted by squeakyclean View Post

Come on..."you've got to be in it to win it"

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
                              I'm on your side with that! I make them, but cannot stand them!
                              Chocolate is one of my favs lol

I'm out as I don't make tealights anymore, I don't think I have any of the cups left either

Comment

Working...
                              X