Another question re tea cup candles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another question re tea cup candles

Hello all, me again with another question, if I wanted to make about 12 tea cup candles how much soy wax would I need, I had a look on the 4candles site and they seem to jump from 800g to 5 Kilos, I am totally clueless, help please

Originally posted by Vintage Rosie View Post
    Hello all, me again with another question, if I wanted to make about 12 tea cup candles how much soy wax would I need, I had a look on the 4candles site and they seem to jump from 800g to 5 Kilos, I am totally clueless, help please
    Hi, it really depends on the volume of your cups.
    Best way is to measure out the volume with water and that will tell you how much wax you need.
    The tea-cups I made were between 150g and 200g of wax so x3 bags of 800g should be enough. However, you probably wouldn't be much more for a 5 kilo bag...just in case you get repeat orders. Several people who bought my tea-cups asked if I could re-fill them.

Isabel

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
      Hi, it really depends on the volume of your cups.
      Best way is to measure out the volume with water and that will tell you how much wax you need.
      The tea-cups I made were between 150g and 200g of wax so x3 bags of 800g should be enough. However, you probably wouldn't be much more for a 5 kilo bag...just in case you get repeat orders. Several people who bought my tea-cups asked if I could re-fill them.

Isabel
      As a matter of interest, Isabel, how to you clean the cups of the old wax before refilling? I'm terrified of washing jars in the sink so heat in the oven to dislodge old wax then wipe and wipe with kitchen roll which I use to start the fire. I wish there was an easier way.

Marion

Comment

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
        As a matter of interest, Isabel, how to you clean the cups of the old wax before refilling? I'm terrified of washing jars in the sink so heat in the oven to dislodge old wax then wipe and wipe with kitchen roll which I use to start the fire. I wish there was an easier way.

Marion
        I just wash then in a bowl of hot soapy water, then add cold water and leave the debris wax to set. When it's done I pour the water through an old sieve and dispose of the wax in the food-waste bin if it's soy and the ordinary bin if it's paraffin.

Ix

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
          I just wash then in a bowl of hot soapy water, then add cold water and leave the debris wax to set. When it's done I pour the water through an old sieve and dispose of the wax in the food-waste bin if it's soy and the ordinary bin if it's paraffin.

Ix
          Great, thanks.

Marion

Comment

Thats what I love about you guys, clever AND helpful!!! Thanks once again, will have to get to grips with these very soon, I will let you know how I get on.

Rosie x

Comment

Working...
            X