Names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Names

I've decided to stop thinking about wicking problems for a couple of days and am turning my attention (my son's!) to webdesign and facebook. Before I can do that I need a name.
    I've narrowed it down to four and would be interested to hear what you think.

Triple scented candles - says it all really, plain and simple.
    Candle aromatics - unfortunately aromatic candles is taken
    Cumhrhaid Candles - gaelic for scented - may be a bit difficult to spell
    Belissimo Candles- almost an anagram of my name- sons suggestion
    I've done a domain search and all of the above are available as .co.uk

Thats the best of the bunch....unless anyone here has a suggestion!

Isabel

Choosing a name is always difficult but I think go with your gut instinct ~ its your business and you have to love it!

Comment

Triple-scented candles for me. I think it's brilliant. It makes them sound luxurious and describes them too.

But I agree with Lou. Gut instinct. Hopefully by my choosing one you'll know if you agree or not and that'll help you choose.

2nd choice would be Bellissimo (or Bellissima? My Italian's not great but it incorporates the A)

HTH,

Marion (wood-wicking tonight, with a side salad of tealights to cheer me up)

Comment

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
        Triple-scented candles for me. I think it's brilliant. It makes them sound luxurious and describes them too.

But I agree with Lou. Gut instinct. Hopefully by my choosing one you'll know if you agree or not and that'll help you choose.

2nd choice would be Bellissimo (or Bellissima? My Italian's not great but it incorporates the A)

HTH,

Marion (wood-wicking tonight, with a side salad of tealights to cheer me up)
        Hi Marion
        Hope the wood-wicking is going well. I'm just waiting for my order from Unity to arrive then I'll be back to wicks I really like!
        Val and I have split an order -they are so cheap in comparison to 4c's.
        Bellisssimo, apparently is the male form of the adjective Bellissima is female but unfortunately it's taken.
        As Lou said gut instinct is the way to go and my gut says Triple Scented... does what it says on the tin (probably just as well I didn't fancy the name of The Perfect Wick) Hey there's another name Pick Wick Candles sales slogan could be "you pick the wick I put it in the candle and if it doesn't work -too bad!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
          Hi Marion
          Hope the wood-wicking is going well.
          Hey there's another name Pick Wick Candles sales slogan could be "you pick the wick I put it in the candle and if it doesn't work -too bad!!!"
          Well, the wood wicks are in - we'll see what happens. Tonight it's a medium one with a sliver off and a small one on its own. We'll see!

As for your slogan - could we all use that please???

I suppose "Getting on my wick" is also taken???

Marion x

Comment

I like candle aromatics and triple scented as a close 2nd. Just out of interest, anyone know how would you go about trying to find out if your chosen name is already taken?

Comment

Originally posted by squeakyclean View Post
              I like candle aromatics and triple scented as a close 2nd. Just out of interest, anyone know how would you go about trying to find out if your chosen name is already taken?
              Just google~ domain names and search through one of companies choose a UK one...I've just bought triplescentedcandles.co.uk ~nothing there yet just bought the domain name! Strike while the irons hot

Ix

Comment

Just google~ domain names and search through one of companies choose a UK one...I've just bought triplescentedcandles.co.uk ~nothing there yet just bought the domain name! Strike while the irons hot

Ix
                Ooh, get you, Triple-Scented Isabel!

Comment

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
                  Ooh, get you, Triple-Scented Isabel!
                  HaHa Could give Yankee a run for their money.....if only I could actually make a decent candle!
                  Hmmmm didn't stop them though.

Comment

HaHa Could give Yankee a run for their money.....if only I could actually make a decent candle!
                    Hmmmm didn't stop them though.
                    As Sheldon would say ... BAZINGA!

Comment

Hi Isabel.

Wow things moving on at a pace. Whoppeeeee.

Erm. Don't like any of your names. Sorry. :-(. You know me by know and I'm always positive. But I don't see after reading any of them time and time again how they represent you, a loving, wonderful, caring individual. NONE of the names shout out what you represent to me......LOVE or HUGS.

They are commercial waffle......what will really sell your story are adjectives or personal words that represent this caring, loving (sometimes mad woman), from Scotland.

Kelpie Candles.com

my apologies if I've spelt this wrong....but closer to home, still a Gaelic feeling and actually means something. So when people ask about the name, you can explain he's the chief smelling testing etc eye :-) Also opens the market to pet owners, ie the candle that removes pet odours etc etc, or pet friendly candles......

good luck as always xx

Comment

Ix
                        Well done for taking action.

I think you have chosen the correct name out of your choices,because it has keywords as part of the domain name, although it is unlikely that people will search triple scented candles (36 in uk last month), people do search scented candles (22'200).

Look forward to seeing your new site
                        Please come see me on:

Facebook
                        Twitter

Or on my blog Candles From Home

Comment

Originally posted by squeakyclean View Post
                          Go to a domain name site,such as go daddy or 123-reg.co.uk and type your idea into the domain name search box, they will tell you if it's taken, and offer alternatives.

Hope that helps.
                          Please come see me on:

Facebook
                          Twitter

Comment

I'm with Rob on this one, I like Kelpie Candles and then when people ask what it means they will remember you. It gives a slightly quirky, fun aspect to your company ........... just like you, warm and welcoming, it appeals to me anyway.

Don't rush Isabel, sleep on it, the name will be with you a long time.

val

Comment

I agree that you need the quirky, personal name, so you can be remembered and build a brand, but maybe combine this with commonly searched keywords on google. Search terms and keywords will help if you want to sell online.

I suppose it depends how you want to sell you candles, will it predominantly be online or one on one?
                              Please come see me on:

Facebook
                              Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X