Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Market/Fayre startup

Hi
    Browsing on t'internet and found this. Had a quick scan through it and it has some interesting info. Details may already be on the forum but if not

http://marketstartup.co.uk/

Isabel

Hi Issy.

(Can I call you that?) :-))))

Thanks for passing this on. Love the initial design of the site, content isn't that rich but still lots of great success stories on there.

Kinda makes me think that more and more and faster and faster....people are realising the huge potential in buying local and it's obvious advantages.

Hope all is well at your end xx

Comment

I'm a member of Tamar Grow Local. It's a fantastic initiative that provides a 'route to market' for start-up businesses and craft people all from the local area. They provide the stall at various produce/craft fayres and you pay them a % to sell your goods. It's a great idea as it allows you to test a product without too much financial commitment. It also means you have an audience already there waiting for your local produce. All of the products on the stall are home-grown/made from the local area so people know they are getting goods from their 'neighbour' so to speak. I don't know if this scheme is done elsewhere but I highly recommend anyone look into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsmithimages View Post
        Hi Issy.

(Can I call you that?) :-))))
        No!!!!!! I hate it.
        I also hate Isa, Belle and Bella! In fact I have always really disliked my name!!
        They only time I ever liked my name was when I worked with and Iranian doctor who misheard me when I introduced myself and he spent 6 months calling me Sable!!! Tres sexeee (Well I thought so)
        All good with me. You?

ISABEL!!!!

Comment

Haha. Yep all good ISABEL.

Ipad next to me in kitchen as I'm creating a monster!!! Tring to follow my tea light instructions is a bit like helping my 13 yr old with his algebra :-()!!!!!

@dacosta. Great idea that. Been on the website, that's if it's the same one. Great stuff.

@isabel. Love the doggie pic. We used to have a similar dog called shep (I know very original). We now have three field spaniels....oh the joys :-)

re original post by Isabel....makes me think if a candle craft.com highlighting all you wonderful guys, plus having a back office for central purchasing might work hahahahahaha. Nope I'm not being a business guru @dacosta. Just sayin!!!!!!!

right temp is nearly there...wish me luck :-))))

Comment

@dacosta. Great idea that. Been on the website, that's if it's the same one. Great stuff.
            They need to do a lot more on the marketing front but they're along the right lines and are expanding this year.

Comment

Haha. Yep all good ISABEL.

Ipad next to me in kitchen as I'm creating a monster!!! Tring to follow my tea light instructions is a bit like helping my 13 yr old with his algebra :-()!!!!!

@isabel. Love the doggie pic. We used to have a similar dog called shep (I know very original). We now have three field spaniels....oh the joys :-)

re original post by Isabel....makes me think if a candle craft.com highlighting all you wonderful guys, plus having a back office for central purchasing might work hahahahahaha. Nope I'm not being a business guru @dacosta. Just sayin!!!!!!!

right temp is nearly there...wish me luck :-))))
              How are those tea lights coming along? I've been doing the same thing today - White Narcissus tea lights mmmm.
              Re doggy pic
              This is Kelpie- she came with the name. She chose us about 5 years ago when we visited the local dog&cat home, and we love her to pieces. She's a flat coat collie cross who had many "issues" when we got her but with loads of patience she has become the most affectionate loyal dog. She was found as a stray but it quickly became obvious that she had been mistreated. She still runs and hides when I bring the sweeping brush out or when my husband tuts, but other than that she is a very happy dog who very much rules the roost!
              Now I think I'm at the "slushy bottom" stage so better get wicks in those tea lights!!

Comment

Ooorrrrr. I love kelpie and what a story. I can't have a pic up or simply don't know how but if you want to see mine then pop along to my website...please no one have a go, I'm in the process of redesign.....again!!!!!

great day today almost 100% success rate. So all I need to do I drill ma holes in the wood chunks that I've been working on and hey presto. Job done. :-)

X

Comment

Rob
                  I found your web site!
                  The pictures of the dogs are so good, I know they can't all be yours! Loving the photo of the three dogs standing at the fence and the one of the (is it an Akita?) with it's paw over it's eye.
                  The off shore pictures are stomach churning, I don't know what it is about them but they just looked dangerous!
                  Height, water and windmills....not my three favourite things!
                  You are a very talented man Mr Smith.

Comment

Orrrr shucks. I do ma best. It's the camera that does all the work. All i do is press down the shutter. Haha

That gorgeous pup - the one with the hand over its eyes is actually a flippin huge husky now. Such a gentle giant.

The off shore stuff resulted in a dislocated shoulder, two broken fingers and a expensive new lens :-( The things we do for customers.

Oh by the way don't use my web site as any inspiration I'm forever changing it. For those that might be interested without any advertising and seo it gets about 375 hits, unique hits per day. The result of this is usually one job via the site per week. I do have regular clients elsewhere but it serves it purpose and only £19 per month!!!!!! Missing shep right now :-( far too many anniversaries this month...c'mon February :-)

Comment

Working...
                    X