Boxed Tealights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxed Tealights

Baby Powder - Copy.JPGBC & Gluwein - Copy.JPGC O & Cinnamon - Copy.JPGF&M - Copy.JPGLog Fire - Copy.JPGRasp & Honey - Copy.JPGred Rose - Copy.JPG

While I'm waiting for yet another batch of test jars to cure I boxed up some loose tealights this evening and here are the results. Hope you like them but criticism very welcome too! Thanks for looking,

Marion
    Last edited by MarionT; 22-01-2013, 11:45 PM. Reason: Typo!

Very nice Marion, they look gorgeous, did you stick with the frosted labels in the end?..I can't quite tell from the pic
    Last edited by Wicky; 22-01-2013, 11:51 PM. Reason: Spelling!

Comment

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
      Very nice Marion, they look gorgeous, did you stick with the frosted labels in the end?..I can't quite tell from the pic
      Thanks Wicky! I've had to stick with the labels so far but waiting on a quote from a company who print clear ones but they've been ages coming back to me so starting to look elsewhere. I don't like the frosted ones very much so hoping I can find a supplier soon. I think I'd rather have them done professionally than footer about myself and possibly have to buy a new printer.

Marion

Comment

Marion - these look absolutely amazing! Are these the rogue large tea lights that were causing all the bother wicking?
        Your presentation and attention to detail is fab, I can understand why they sell so well.

Well done you !
        Ix

Comment

They look fab Marion, well done

Comment

Woohoo! They look great! Love the ribbon etc! Good job Marion!

C

Comment

Originally posted by Clarabell View Post
              Woohoo! They look great! Love the ribbon etc! Good job Marion!

C
              Thanks, all. Isabel, these are the standard tealights. With the jars hassle I've not gone back to the larger ones. I'll sort the jars out then tackle them!

Marion

Comment

Seriously this is what I'm talking about re design. getting one product right and becoming the worlds best at producing that is always best. Not sure how much your flogging these for but I would happily pay £6+ for each box :-)

well done...now stop gloating and get some more DONE!!!!!! As i know you cant help it. Haha xx
                Last edited by Robsmithimages; 23-01-2013, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Lovely ~ you must be pleased x

Comment

looking good Marion well done

It's not easy getting the right look is it, I am still struggling to get the labels right - oh boy, who's crazy idea was it to sell my candles .....oh mine whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Valx

Comment

Very pretty, congrats! A very sellable product there

I wish people would want to pay over £6 for them, and I'm sure some of those people are out there! Maybe if you only sold tea lights they would lol. I'm not sure why but tea light sales seem generally quite slow, I don't think people see the value (and the hard work!) in them when containers are becoming more and more popular - what with yankee and all that. Still, if you want to offer variety you have to offer them and yours definitely look good enough to eat!

I wish the boxes were cheaper

Comment

I love the way you've matched the ribbons to the colours evocative of the aromas. They look very attractive parcelled up like that.

Linda

Comment

Thank you everyone for your lovely, positive comments.

Re price, I sell them for £4 a pack. I think that's expensive by some standards but there isn't a huge mark-up on that. The effort that goes into making up the packs is probably not covered but you have to charge what the market will bear. I would rather sell them singly (60p each) and make a better profit on that but the boxes are great at showing off the colours. I'm going to do some mixed boxes too and thinking about layered tealights. But those jars are calling me ...

By the way, I think I've sold all 7 boxes. I put photos of them on facebook and a customer has asked for the lot. Just to confirm she'll pay the price (but she should as it was included in the Facebook info) so that was a good night's work.

Thanks agian for the feedback and encouragement. It's much appreciated.

Marion x

Comment

[QUOTE=MarionT;562237
                            By the way, I think I've sold all 7 boxes. I put photos of them on facebook and a customer has asked for the lot. Just to confirm she'll pay the price (but she should as it was included in the Facebook info) so that was a good night's work.

Thanks agian for the feedback and encouragement. It's much appreciated.

Marion x[/QUOTE]

First step to your first £million!

Comment

Hi Marion,

I am new forum user, and having a look around, and trying where best to give feedback and support to other creative and passionate craftspeople like yourself.

I just wanted say I think your boxed tealights look delightful. Do you punch the tags yourself, or do you buy them and then write on them?

It might be an idea to try cutting a piece of mirror card slightly smaller than the plastic box, and putting this inside and under the tealights. You could buy both gold and silver, and use either where appropriate -the wax colour suited.

Another similar idea would be to use cream vellum, as this is a nice neutral tone of paper that would duly compliment any given wax colour. You could also print on the reverse side, and elaborate maybe the senses or moods which each smell triggers etc. Just some ideas.

Regards,

Lee

-The Proud Sheep.
                              The Proud Sheep - Know Thy Followers!

Comment

Working...
                              X