Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many mls? am i doing something wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many mls? am i doing something wrong?

Hi all

Im making a pound of soy wax ( 16 oz ) and was wondering in mls how much 10 - 11 % would be?

Also if i made half a pound ( 8oz ) of soy wax, how many mls for 10 - 11 %?

Thanks
    Steve

I would do it by weight.

Comment

Hi Steve,

I always weigh my FO. I'm not sure but I think it's possible different oils might be heavier than others. But I could easily have made that up. I'm sure someone round here could calculate it though.

By weight 10.5% would be 1.68 oz for 16 oz and 0.84 oz for 8 oz.

Marion

Originally posted by whocky View Post
      Hi all

Im making a pound of soy wax ( 16 oz ) and was wondering in mls how much 10 - 11 % would be?

Also if i made half a pound ( 8oz ) of soy wax, how many mls for 10 - 11 %?

Thanks
      Steve

Comment

When weighing them do you do it on normal scales or the little scales ( jewellry ones ) ? I'm only asking because how would you weigh it with the weight of the cup that is holding the FO?

Steve

Comment

When weighing them do you do it on normal scales or the little scales ( jewellry ones ) ? I'm only asking because how would you weigh it with the weight of the cup that is holding the FO?

Steve
          I use the little jewellery scales. After removing the black plate covering the metal plate (we all fell into that trap so do remove the plate!) you can sit your container on the scales before switching on. It then reads zero (including your container) and you're then just weighing the oil.

HTH,

Marion

Comment

I use jewellers scales, got them from ebay. Put the cup on the scales, turn them on and they read 0.00 and then put in the FO. I have a syringe to take out FO when I out too much in to get it spot on!

Comment

lol @ the plastic cover. Anyway the scales when turned on with cup on read: 0.000 so if i made a pound of soy wax the scare reading should be: 1.680 and the half a pound should be: 0.840 ?

Thanks for the help guys ( I'm using to weighing with normal scales and not digital, i have been using a spoon ( deep ) that has a measuring in mls on.

Steve

Comment

I think so, Steve, assuming they are set to ounces. Good luck!

Marion

Comment

Thanks Marion, guess i will try some tonight

Thanks
                  Steve

Comment

Nope that didnt work either, just tried measuring the mls out and it can't be 0.840 oz so am thinking maybe its 0.084? but that seemed to little for 8oz, getting puzzled now mmm...

Steve

Comment

So, Marion instead of this i could just convert the 0.84oz to ml's and it would be the same then? or there about i would of thought.

Comment

Nope that didnt work either, just tried measuring the mls out and it can't be 0.840 oz so am thinking maybe its 0.084? but that seemed to little for 8oz, getting puzzled now mmm...

Steve
                        10% of 8 oz is 0.8 oz so 10.5% 0.84 oz. Would it be easier to work in grams?

Marion

Comment

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
                          10% of 8 oz is 0.8 oz so 10.5% 0.84 oz. Would it be easier to work in grams?

Marion
                          Couldn't agree more. 1lb is 454g so 10% would be 45.4g of FO. Far easier that way round, especially with those nifty jewellers scale (sans protective cover of course!)

S.

Comment

Hi Guys

Would'nt it work if i converted 1.68oz or 0.84oz ( depending on 8oz or 16oz wax ) and then just use a converter to mls and then just add it in mls or wouldn't it work?

thanks
                            Steve

Comment

converts your mls to fl oz they should be the same as solid oz that way it would be easier to would out the % needed hope this helps

rachel
                              Last edited by The Craft Muffin; 22-01-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X