Testing tonight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing tonight

Well tonight is night one of testing my new tins so here's what I've found.
    First up is the small heart shaped tin of Soy XL and Freesia FO @9% wicked with a med 4c's wood wick. It achieved a full melt pool in 2/12 hours with a good scent throw. I think it may be a tad over wicked and the flame is a bit high, may need a bit of a trim but would appreciate the opinion of you wood-wicking experts.
    Next is my Mickey Mouse candle (could be a marketing strategy) It's also Soy XL with 9% freesia FO and a CNS 16 wick. Poor melt pool after 21/2 hours and grossly underwicked.
    Last is the large tin, I meant to test the Soy tin but lit the Paraffin by mistake its wicked with a 3x20c 9% White Narcissus FO in 4C's Container blend. It achieved a full melt pool i 3 hours, the scent throw would knock you out cold and hot. The flame is high but again I think I left the wick to high before lighting.There's a bit of mushrooming in the mick but I had a nice steady flame. Not sure if I should go down a wick size or not.
    Will do second burns tomorrow but would be grateful for your comments.

Isabel

P1000030.JPGP1000031.JPGP1000032.JPGP1000033.JPGP1000034.JPGP1000035.JPGP1000036.JPG

First one looks good to me. The flame is a little high perhaps, but easily sorted by trimming the wick a little shorter before lighting. Wood wicks will always have a flame that looks like it's too big.

Second one (Mickey Mouse) is, as you say, well underwicked, but it wouldn't take too much more than that to get the whole thing melted and burning perfectly. Once a part of the melt pool reaches the container edge it will get the whole thing melting so perhaps just one size up should do it.

Hard to go wrong with a paraffin tin. The wick there is possibly a little long, hence the large flame, but it's not far off.

Well done.

I'm intrigued by this Narcissus scent.....

Comment

[I'm intrigued by this Narcissus scent.....[/QUOTE]

Scent Perfique. The candle has been out for about two hours and you can still smell it really strongly in the room.

Comment

Wow. (Again) Isabel. Obviously spence has covered any and all tech stuff, but I would like to comment if I may on the design....hope no one minds.

BRILL. Ok so that's not a scientific comment!!! :-) what these images shows to me is imagination and a desire to bring a product to market which finds a envelope of opportunity. To put it another way. Customers on seeing these products, once finalised will be soo attracted to the thought and desire of what went in to making them.

I can say this as a potential customer :-)

They also will ring a bell (see what I did there!!!!!!) with most of us. We've all been at this stage with any and all our products and seeing that you are soooooo close is an inspiration to us all.

That smell thing though.......hahahaha.

Well done and keep me and I'm sure others updated.

Xxx

Comment

I love the look of all 3, including Mickey! I also really like the long flame. It doesn't look like a really fat, flaring flame but long and elegant. But maybe it's running away with wax.

I've also used White Narcissus and love it. Scent Perfique's FOs are amazing. Well done - they are lovely products.

Marion

Comment

Marion they look great! I love no 1- as spencer said a bit over wicked but nearly there! The wood wick looks ace- but then I love them! Mickey Mouse would be a great seller I think! So cute!

You should be so proud of them Marion- well done you!!!!!

C

Comment

They look brilliant Isabel well done....... such a shame this isn't smellacomp

Comment

Originally posted by Clarabell View Post
                Marion they look great! I love no 1- as spencer said a bit over wicked but nearly there! The wood wick looks ace- but then I love them! Mickey Mouse would be a great seller I think! So cute!

You should be so proud of them Marion- well done you!!!!!

C
                I'd love to take the credit but they're Isabel's.

Marion x

Comment

Sorry Isabel!!! The joys of posting late on with three sick kids still up!!!

C

Comment

Sorry Isabel!!! The joys of posting late on with three sick kids still up!!!

C

Awww hope they get better soon and you get some sleep tonight!

Ix

Comment

Me too! Girls both have strep throat and wee man is teething- and to top it off I have an ear infection- all fun and games!!!!

C

Comment

Me too! Girls both have strep throat and wee man is teething- and to top it off I have an ear infection- all fun and games!!!!

C

Calpol and childrens Neurofen for the kids.....brandy for mum!

Ix

Comment

C
                          Ouchy! Hope you're all feeling a bit better today. I echo Isabel's advice (and she knows what she's talking about!!!)

Marion x

Comment

Working...
                          X