Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I´m looking for advice on labels please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I´m looking for advice on labels please.

Hello again.

I want to make my own product labels and I´m interested to know if anyone has any good advice on printers, ink and media.

I´m considering an Epson printer using pigment ink and printing either on polyester or polyethylene sticker sheets.

Anyone know if this will achieve the professional look that i´m after or any advice on what other setup to use to get that pro look.

gracias

And so the countdown begins...........not long now till the big launch :-)

ask yourself what exactly is the label is require to match the image I want my labels to represent my services/product/story. Then simply work backwards.

How on earth you can ask advice on what labels you require to represent your business/ideals models on without being clear on what you represent is just beyond belief. Or am I being too harsh???

oh and I've been in the media business for over 25 years. So I can get you a printer that will do the task.....just handover 17k......:-)
    Last edited by Robsmithimages; 20-01-2013, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robsmithimages View Post

ask yourself what exactly is the label is require to match the image I want my labels to represent my services/product/story. Then simply work backwards.

How on earth you can ask advice on what labels you require to represent your business/ideals models on without being clear on what you represent is just beyond belief. Or am I being too harsh???
      )
      To be fair I think you are being too harsh considering that the first sentence you wrote is somewhat confusing in its construction. But I don't mean to be mean.....I'm just splitting hairs......

She's doing everything on a budget (I'm guessing, otherwise she would buy a top of the range printer).

I'm sure someone will be able to help more than I can but I would suggest that you buy what you can afford and tweak the settings on your printer to get the best possible outcome. Or outsource and get some labels printed by professionals. Good luck!
      Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

And so the countdown begins...........not long now till the big launch :-)

oh and I've been in the media business for over 25 years. So I can get you a printer that will do the task.....just handover 17k......:-)
        Wow Rob maybe a wee bit harsh!
        I think the question is regarding good quality printers for the labels mentioned. I'm sure LVL has a good mental image of what he's looking for just asking for help selecting the right printer to do the job. However I could be wrong!

Isabel

Comment

Oh for gawds sake.

@blackwillow first sentence. Go search lvl stake in the earth to setting up a business within a v v short number of weeks.

PLUS I repeat. How on earth can anyone give advice on labelling a product if the business owner isn't clear on what there product and or service is????????

we aren't fortune tellers.

Grow up.

:-)

@isabel. Hulloooooo. Sorry just loosing the will to live sometimes. Perhaps I've read too much into particular threads etc etc.

I'm all for helping people, after all this what to all did with me. BUT I never ever said that I was going to be setting up a successful blah blah blah.

Comment

Oh for gawds sake.

@blackwillow first sentence. Go search lvl stake in the earth to setting up a business within a v v short number of weeks.

PLUS I repeat. How on earth can anyone give advice on labelling a product if the business owner isn't clear on what there product and or service is????????

Grow up.

@isabel. Hulloooooo. Sorry just loosing the will to live sometimes. Perhaps I've read too much into particular threads etc etc.

I'm all for helping people, after all this what to all did with me. BUT I never ever said that I was going to be setting up a successful blah blah blah.
            I'm not saying it's easy either.....and I'm not trying to make enemies

Comment

Oh for gawds sake.

Grow up.

Rob ...go to bed!!
              This is so unlike you! Your the one who is normally encouraging.
              LVL is confident that he can do this but happy to ask for advice when he needs it. You're normally one of the first to give good sound advice and ecouragement. Everyone learns from their mistakes and I'm sure if LVL's ideas don't go to plan he'll need help the way the rest of us did.
              Now, as I said....bed!!!

Ix and a wee hug cos I think you need it tonight!

Comment

Ok ok here's a bit of tough love.

What the original poster should be asking, and in fact all of us in business, continually, and if we're not then we should be worried because our competition will be is.........

1. What is my story

2. What is my product

3. What is my service

4. What is my USP

5. What is my value add

6. What is my reinvention wheel

7. How do I clearly define all from 1-6

8. Failure means

9. Mistakes equals what

10. Not being clear from day one equals

11. 3 months, 6 months, 12 months looks like

12. Elevator pitch, in 25 seconds

13. See number 1

@blackwillow. If you or the original poster see me as an "enemy" then that's fine. I've never or will ever have a problems with that.

I refer you to the original question my subsequent answers and those previous statements of the original poster in previous threads.

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
                  Rob ...go to bed!!
                  This is so unlike you! Your the one who is normally encouraging.
                  LVL is confident that he can do this but happy to ask for advice when he needs it. You're normally one of the first to give good sound advice and ecouragement. Everyone learns from their mistakes and I'm sure if LVL's ideas don't go to plan he'll need help the way the rest of us did.
                  Now, as I said....bed!!!

Ix and a wee hug cos I think you need it tonight!
                  Xxx

yep, perhaps. Anniversaries can do this to you..... But if you read my last response. There are so so many questions to ask before even considering flippin labelling questions!!!!'

I always am encouraging because the genuine folks on here are just that.

Night nightx

Comment

Robsmithimages - I don't see you as the enemy and I've just written a post about my own fears - I'm sorry if I projected them onto you, truly. I do not forsee my future as an internet troll and I apologise for being harsh. You make good points about what people should be thinking about when they are setting up and I would do well to revise my own business from your list. Sleep well.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwillow View Post
                      Robsmithimages - I don't see you as the enemy and I've just written a post about my own fears - I'm sorry if I projected them onto you, truly. I do not forsee my future as an internet troll and I apologise for being harsh. You make good points about what people should be thinking about when they are setting up and I would do well to revise my own business from your list. Sleep well.
                      I think we all need to go to bed! Sleep well BW no doubt we'll all be back of the forum tomorrow!
                      Night

Ix
                      Last edited by holehouse; 21-01-2013, 12:51 AM. Reason: Deletion

Comment

Rob you sound a bit pissed off, i have read your past posts in threads and this one isnt like the rest. Leave the forum for the night, go to bed and come back tomorrow

Comment

Wow! This went from being an innocent post to being quite nasty! Not so sure I like it seeing we are all meant to be helping each other and there are ways to be tactful and encouraging and not belittling.

@ LVL- I make my own labels up on an Epson printer. There are some great programmes out there for all label types and this can be a cost effective and handy way to do it. You design should reflect your style whether that be craft/country cottage type or sleek/ modern but that's all part of the fun! Took me ages to get a design I was happy with so just have fun with it!

C

Comment

Ok ok here's a bit of tough love.

What the original poster should be asking, and in fact all of us in business, continually, and if we're not then we should be worried because our competition will be is.........

1. What is my story

2. What is my product

3. What is my service

4. What is my USP

5. What is my value add

6. What is my reinvention wheel

7. How do I clearly define all from 1-6

8. Failure means

9. Mistakes equals what

10. Not being clear from day one equals

11. 3 months, 6 months, 12 months looks like

12. Elevator pitch, in 25 seconds

13. See number 1

@blackwillow. If you or the original poster see me as an "enemy" then that's fine. I've never or will ever have a problems with that.

I refer you to the original question my subsequent answers and those previous statements of the original poster in previous threads.
                            Rob thank you for this, I have just spent the last hour or so answering the questions ...they certainly made me clarify my objectives and flag up some areas of concern

So how much do you charge for consultancy fees these days ...... a percentage of my profits??????

Hope you're doing okay

Valx

Comment

First time in 37 years that I've been sent to bed :-). Well done Isabel. Thanks for your comments Val. FREE Consultancy for all genuine lovely peeps. I think the rest I'll just keep stump!!!!! :-). Whocky. Just a little but yet I was still genuinely helping but as I said ...tough love :-)

i will apologise to all those that read my post in the wrong way. Didn't mean to come across mean.

Perhaps I should have said this.....

"Hi there,

re printing why don't you have a look on the paper forum, there are some great tips on there, particularly from craftychez aka Cheryl.

Also why don't you consider what product it is and which demographics you are selling it and or them into. Eg handwritten for cottage feel to local sales, printed for national and international sales or other way around etc etc.

Good luck and let us know how you get on"

Comment

Working...
                              X