Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storing wax

Morning,
    I was just wondered how you store your wax.
    I have only been buying small quantities ~ 5kg and I keep it in the bag and box it comes in under the stairs. However, I want to start making up a small stock of candles and I need to order more wax, so thinking of ordering 10 or 20kg and putting in a big plastic bin.
    I only have a small house so at the moment my suppliers are everywhere! Could I store the wax in the outside cupboard or is that too cold?
    Thanks!

I personally think that storing it outside would be too cold for the wax. I have been toying with the idea of storing my wax in a bin that has a bin liner in it so that i can tie it up, ( a bit like how it comes in a box i suppose ).

Steve

Comment

Most of mine's in the garage where it's pretty cold but I keep a supply in the house which I top up when it's getting low.

I honestly don't know whether there is any detriment to it being kept cold but I bet someone round here does!

Marion

Comment

Hi! I bought a pallet of wax ( 40x 25kg boxes) about 4 months ago and obviously with that quantity it had to go in the garage. I checked with the manufacturers and they said as long as it is inside the garage and it is dry then it is not a problem. I do keep a couple of boxes in the house as it easier melted at 'house' temperature.

Hope this helps!

C

Comment

Originally posted by Clarabell View Post
          Hi! I bought a pallet of wax ( 40x 25kg boxes) about 4 months ago and obviously with that quantity it had to go in the garage. I checked with the manufacturers and they said as long as it is inside the garage and it is dry then it is not a problem. I do keep a couple of boxes in the house as it easier melted at 'house' temperature.

Hope this helps!

C
          That is good to know.

I need to have a clear out and make some room for stuff!

Comment

In this case then I will fill the garage up hehe .

Comment

Working...
            X