Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tealight boxes

Hi,
    I am looking into packaging for my tealights and preferably looking for clear plastic boxes. I have found some at Candle Cavern ~ http://www.candlecavern.co.uk/shop.h...category_id=15.
    Just wondered if anyone had found any alternative suppliers.
    Thanks, Louise

Evening Louise,
    I recently bought 25 of these boxes and I paid a similar price for what is on offer at the Candle Cavern. Have yet to find them cheaper.

Comment

I've been hunting unsuccessfully for a cheaper supplier than Candle Cavern, with no luck. CC must be buying them somewhere but I can't find where. I've almost given up hunting and resigned myself to CC's prices but would be delighted if anyone knows of a cheaper supplier (we need the wholesaler)

Marion

Comment

Candle Cavern belongs to our very own Oddsox (David).
        I'm sure (but I might be wrong) I read somewhere before that he has these boxes made to order (custom made) and then flogs them on.
        That would explain why you cannot find them cheaper elsewhere.
        Last edited by Spencer101; 19-01-2013, 08:05 PM.

Comment

Jo from Sensory Perfection used to sell them

Comment

Sensory Perfection does sell them but they are slightly more expensive than CC.

Comment

I haven't sold a huge number of tealights and haven't yet bought any boxes. I had a wee search around but couldn't find boxes any cheaper than CC. I thought the boxes added too much to the cost of the candles so I made up my own packaging.
              Remember necessity is the mother of invetion! I bought a roll of cellophane wrap from ebay (4.25 for 20m I think) and bought some takeaway lids (silver one side white on the other) The lid was just the right size as a base for 6 tea lights. I wrapped them up in cellophane and added a wee ribbon and they looked great. I know if you're selling loads the time taken becomes a factor but I estimated the cost for packaging at less than10p. Might be worth thinking about to start with.

Isabel

Comment

I believe you're right about Candle Cavern having them made to order - I bought my first 25 from there. Haven't found anything cheaper, particularly at higher quantities so I shall be buying my next (bigger) order from there as well. Our tea lights don't make us a huge profit because of the darn box but they do look so pretty. So unless we find something different but equally lovely, we'll stick with a lower profit margin and hope for little and often instead :P

Comment

That sounds lovely, Isabel. I must admit I do like the boxes but also looking at other options. I wonder what the minimum "run" on custom-made boxes would be. I also have larger tealight cups (shared order with Isabel) and can't find a box for these as yet.

Marion

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
                  I haven't sold a huge number of tealights and haven't yet bought any boxes. I had a wee search around but couldn't find boxes any cheaper than CC. I thought the boxes added too much to the cost of the candles so I made up my own packaging.
                  Remember necessity is the mother of invetion! I bought a roll of cellophane wrap from ebay (4.25 for 20m I think) and bought some takeaway lids (silver one side white on the other) The lid was just the right size as a base for 6 tea lights. I wrapped them up in cellophane and added a wee ribbon and they looked great. I know if you're selling loads the time taken becomes a factor but I estimated the cost for packaging at less than10p. Might be worth thinking about to start with.

Isabel

Comment

Working...
                  X