X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When does double-wicking begin?

Hello all

Another question (sorry!)

Is there a point at which wicking up is less successful and 2 smaller wicks becomes the better option? I assume (with everything) that it's very individual, depending on wax, container, FO %age, wick etc but is there a GENERAL rule of thumb, eg once the container reaches a certain diameter or some other measurement?

Thanks,

Marion

ps The reason for my question is I seem to be caught between, on the one hand, a candle burning too fast (so not good value for money) and on the other a candle which tunnels slightly, giving the Roman bath effect (steps all down the sides).
    Last edited by MarionT; 19-01-2013, 05:23 PM. Reason: PS

Hi Marion I would try double wicking, I have found this helps on my largest containers. You can go down to quite a small wick and the melt pool joins up ........slowly

Worth a try at least

val

Comment

Thanks Val - I'll give it a go with my smaller wicks and see what happens.

Marion x

Comment

Hope it goes well and depending on the size of your container and your wick maybe try using 3

I'm testing FM wicks today, I haven't done a lot with ordinary wicks yet so have a long way to go.

valx

Comment

Originally posted by sheddie View Post
          Hope it goes well and depending on the size of your container and your wick maybe try using 3

I'm testing FM wicks today, I haven't done a lot with ordinary wicks yet so have a long way to go.

valx
          Are those the MP ones? If so I like them but my jars seem to fall between 2 sizes. Good luck with the testing.

Marion

Comment

Working...
          X