Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shape of jars

I'm hoping I haven't bought a turkey!

I have a shedload of jars which I love, square-ish with rounded corners. But now wondering, because melt pools are naturally round, if I'm always going to have problems because the jars aren't.

Has anyone successfully used square (or nearly) jars?

Marion

sevenoaks candle company (Laura) uses square jars so I can't see it being an issue although I can't say for sure as I've not tried them.

Comment

I haven't used square jars but lots of companies make square candles and there are no problems when you burn them.
      Lou

Comment

Thanks both - that's a relief. So back to the testing then ...

Marion

Comment

I've used many square(ish) jars in the past and mostly with great results. You may end up with a little wax left in the corners, but by the time the wax level is about half way down those will get melted too.

Comment

Thanks Spencer (and everyone). I think the trick is to get the wick size right (or wicks maybe) so there's enough heat in the jar to melt the corners. Thanks again,

Marion

Comment

We haven't had any problems with ours - sometimes if the wick is slightly off centre you might get a bit left in the corner but as the jars hold so much heat, the further it burns down, the more even it gets. The larger ones leave a bit in the corners in the first 30 mins or so but after that the melt pool fills them. I would post a photo of a melted one but the photo attachment thing on here hates me :P

Comment

No problem, Laura. Thanks for confirming it. So it's definitely a wick issue then!

Marion

Comment

Working...
                X