Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melts burn time?

Hi all

So we are making some wax melts for oil burners but want to know how you determine how many hours to get from them .

We are making up a pound of soy wax to 9 - 10 % of fragrance oil ( 40 - 45 mls ) and the moulds we are using are some little teddybears or loveheart.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks
    Steve

A wax tart/melt is usually about 25-30g of wax and probably around the same FO load as you're using.
    They should easily last two or perhaps 3 tealights worth of burning time so that's around 12-15 hours of fragrancing time.

The more delicate fragrances will not be all that strong by the end of 3 tealights, but some just keep on going even longer than that.

Of course if your melts are smaller than that they will hold less FO and therefore will not last as long.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Great thanks for that Spencer, was wondering the same thing myself.

Comment

I made mini melts ~ stars weigh 4g and hearts 9g ~ so that customers will be able to create their own scent by using three or four melts. I am thinking the stars maybe a little small now.

Comment

I did the same thing a while back. Kind of like "mix and match" fragrance. I had 5g and 10g chunks of various fragrances and sold them with the instructions that a max of 30g should be used at any one time. They sold quite well.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
            I did the same thing a while back. Kind of like "mix and match" fragrance. I had 5g and 10g chunks of various fragrances and sold them with the instructions that a max of 30g should be used at any one time. They sold quite well.
            That is good to know!

Comment

Working...
            X