Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cracking around the wick

Morning,
    I have checked out the candles I poured last night and a few have some cracking around the wick and others have a faint ring, about an inch and a half in diameter around the wick. I read this could be because they cooled too quickly.
    Does anyone have any advice on this?
    Thanks!

Are you using soy?

Cool them slower or give them a quick zap with a heat gun to melt a little of the wax which will fill the cracks in.

It's nothing to be too concerned about. Just a little unsightly.

Comment

When would I zap them? Is the morning after ok?

Comment

Originally posted by burning_it_at_both_ends View Post
        Morning,
        I have checked out the candles I poured last night and a few have some cracking around the wick and others have a faint ring, about an inch and a half in diameter around the wick. I read this could be because they cooled too quickly.
        Does anyone have any advice on this?
        Thanks!

Hi Lou
        This seems to happen frequently with Soy. As Spencer says a zap with a heat gun when the candle is set sees off the pesky ring. I usually do it the next day. If you don't have a heat gun a hairdryer does it too, I used the curly hair diffuser to minimise splashing. Just make sure you have the area you're working in well covered and it'll be fine. I used to "blow dry" mine in a box.
        Tins arrived today so may brave the freezing kitchen to make a couple of test posts today!

Isabel

Comment

Super ~ I will give them a blast with the hairdryer later then
          Have fun with the tins!

Comment

Yup, give them a zap when they're fully cooled and hopefully that should help.

Comment

Working...
            X