Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the scent in a Jo Malone reed diffuser be used to scent a candle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could the scent in a Jo Malone reed diffuser be used to scent a candle?

Just wondering if the scent in a Jo Malone reed diffuser be used to scent a candle? My sister loves the pomegranate noir candles but they are £38.00 for a 200g candle. She would love it if I could make her a candle in that scent.

I know some of those reed diffusers have alcohol in the fragrance to help it evaporate into the air quickly.
    You would have to make VERY sure there was nothing like that in it.

Other than that, I know nothing about these diffuser things so couldn't really give a definitive yes or no.
    Have you looked on the manufacturer's website for info on the fragrance contents?

Comment

I'm not sure, wouldn't like to try just incase though, I used to know of a supplier (USA) that sold Jo M dupe candle fragrance oil

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
        I know some of those reed diffusers have alcohol in the fragrance to help it evaporate into the air quickly.
        You would have to make VERY sure there was nothing like that in it.

Other than that, I know nothing about these diffuser things so couldn't really give a definitive yes or no.
        Have you looked on the manufacturer's website for info on the fragrance contents?
        I couldn´t find anything about the ingredients. The alcohol could be be carefully evaporated off though I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
          I'm not sure, wouldn't like to try just incase though, I used to know of a supplier (USA) that sold Jo M dupe candle fragrance oil
          Do you know if the scents are accurate dupes?

Comment

Originally posted by La Vela Loca View Post
            I couldn´t find anything about the ingredients. The alcohol could be be carefully evaporated off though I think.
            Problem with that would be, as the alcohol evaporates off so would the fragrance itself and all you'd be left with would be the carrier oil.

Comment

Originally posted by La Vela Loca View Post
              Do you know if the scents are accurate dupes?
              Not had them but had the Lush dupes from there and they were spot on

Comment

Several of the UK FO sites offer this scent, I haven't tried it myself but maybe a tester bottle would be worth a try. Most 10ml bottles are around the £2 mark.
                Most of the diffusers I have had have warned against naked flames, while this may be just a blanket disclaimer I wouldn't risk trying it out. Most diffuser oils seem thinner than fragrance oils so I wonder how they would combine with wax and how difficult it would be getting a hot throw.

Isabel

Comment

I wonder if the alcohol could be frozen out?

Comment

No, Do not try this. The alcohol contained in fragrances bind with the chemicals that make up the smell, this then evaporates off into the atmosphere along with your scent. Alcohol used in fragrance oils is very pure, it has a freezing point of around -142*C so a domestic freezer is out of bounds.

Even pouring the scent into molten wax would cause no end of headaches. FO's for reed diffusers are designed to evaporate at room temperature, whereas candle making FO's are designed to evaporate at a higher temperature.

Either take the hit and buy the candle or make one of your own using a different fragrance oil. Just because they like Jo Malone does not mean they will not like any other candles
                    David Bolger - CEO of Endless Green Group Ltd
                    Retailer, Distributor and Manufacturer of Hobby, Craft and Pastime supplies

Candle Making Supplies
                    http://www.thatflamingcandlecompany.com

Bolgers Woodworking Supplies
                    http://www.bolgers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CandleMan View Post
                      No, Do not try this. The alcohol contained in fragrances bind with the chemicals that make up the smell, this then evaporates off into the atmosphere along with your scent. Alcohol used in fragrance oils is very pure, it has a freezing point of around -142*C so a domestic freezer is out of bounds.

Even pouring the scent into molten wax would cause no end of headaches. FO's for reed diffusers are designed to evaporate at room temperature, whereas candle making FO's are designed to evaporate at a higher temperature.

Either take the hit and buy the candle or make one of your own using a different fragrance oil. Just because they like Jo Malone does not mean they will not like any other candles
                      I will check the dupes out.

Comment

Working...
                      X