Wax melts ~ is there a rule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax melts ~ is there a rule?

I have seen some fabulous shaped moulds for wax melts but I wondered if there was a rule to how thick they should be? Can they be too thick?
    Thanks!

So long as they don't overhang the bowl of the melter when they're solid and don't overflow it when they're melted, they can be any shape you like.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
      So long as they don't overhang the bowl of the melter when they're solid and don't overflow it when they're melted, they can be any shape you like.
      Thank you Spencer!!

Comment

Just out of interest, what shape moulds have you found??

Comment

Russian dolls, cats, monkeys, diamonds, roses and stars ~ just checking they are all ok to use with wax.
          All so cute!

Comment

Are they silicone moulds?

Comment

Yeah, they are silicone. http://www.bakedbyme.net/Christmas_P...Mould_p/s1.htm

Comment

I remember testing a few oil burners and I think the average was around 30g of wax maximum (around 2 tealights in weight)
                David Bolger - CEO of Endless Green Group Ltd
                Retailer, Distributor and Manufacturer of Hobby, Craft and Pastime supplies

Candle Making Supplies
                http://www.thatflamingcandlecompany.com

Bolgers Woodworking Supplies
                http://www.bolgers.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CandleMan View Post
                  I remember testing a few oil burners and I think the average was around 30g of wax maximum (around 2 tealights in weight)
                  Thank you, that is helpful.

Comment

I made my wax melts with Eco Soy XCEL but wondering if I should have used CB135? 4C's website says CB135 is best used for melts. Interested to see what others use.
                    Thanks!

Comment

I've noticed very little difference between waxes when it comes to making (and using) melts.

Comment

Good to know ~ I really don't want to be buying lots of different waxes.

Comment

Originally posted by burning_it_at_both_ends View Post
                          I made my wax melts with Eco Soy XCEL but wondering if I should have used CB135? 4C's website says CB135 is best used for melts. Interested to see what others use.
                          Thanks!
                          Lou
                          Only thing I would say is all of the Soy container blends are quite soft so the melts can get damaged easily. I've made them with all three types of wax with no problems but noticed if they are stored loose for any time they don't look just as good as they did when made.

Ix

Comment

Working...
                          X