Soy Wax CB-XceL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soy Wax CB-XceL

Anyone else have problems with this cracking down the side of jars?

I've changed to this recently and it's awful, I've tried pouring at a lower temp, that doesn't work

I've tried leaving them in a warmer environment to cool

Also it's leaving wet spots grrrr

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
    Anyone else have problems with this cracking down the side of jars?I've changed to this recently and it's awful, I've tried pouring at a lower temp, that doesn't workI've tried leaving them in a warmer environment to coolAlso it's leaving wet spots grrrr
    When I did use soy I hated this wax for all those issues.

Comment

I'm trying one more jar and if it cracks I'm changing back to my old wax although i can't remember if it was advanced or CB135!!

Comment

Do you mean the actual jars are cracking or just cracks in the wax? I heat the jars gently in the oven and pour at around 43 degrees C. I also use CB135. Sorry you're having all this hassle. Hope you can resolve it.

Marion

Comment

Hi Marion. Yes I've tried heating the jars aswell and pouring at 65c.. I think it's the XceL more than what I'm doing now

Think I shall have to order a different sort

It was the wax that's cracking a vertical one down the side

Comment

How frustrating. I really hope you can sort something out - it seems a shame not to be able to use the wax. Could you use it up in tealights?

Comment

I know I think it's a 10kg bag aswell!!.. I don't make tea lights anymore else I would of. I'll think of something to use it with maybe a black jar lol (joke)

Originally posted by MarionT View Post
              How frustrating. I really hope you can sort something out - it seems a shame not to be able to use the wax. Could you use it up in tealights?

Comment

I use the Xcel but in tins. Hoping to make some jars in the future with it though.

Comment

Tins is a good idea. I also recall a comment when I was looking for entirely clear labels that opaque labels can hide a multitude of sins.

While we're on the subject, do tins behave differently at all from jars when making container candles? (other than being prone to heatin up)

Comment

Tins is a good idea. I also recall a comment when I was looking for entirely clear labels that opaque labels can hide a multitude of sins.

While we're on the subject, do tins behave differently at all from jars when making container candles? (other than being prone to heating up)

Comment

I would need a wrap around label lol as the crack is both sides

I've not made tins in XceL, only in paraffin, so burning it at both ends can probaly answer that

While we're on the subject, do tins behave differently at all from jars when making container candles? (other than being prone to heating up)

Comment

The tins conduct heat very well and so yes they heat up. This results in a deeper melt pool than in glass or other less heat conducting containers.

Comment

Does that mean you have to wick down, Spencer?

Marion

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
                          The tins conduct heat very well and so yes they heat up. This results in a deeper melt pool than in glass or other less heat conducting containers.

Comment

I don't know whether to get a small bag of advanced or CB135, I have all my invoices from 2004-2007 but I used soya + then.. That's been discontinued a few years now, it's was fantastic soy wax, came in beads...and my 2008 invoices I can't see any soy wax on there.. Hmmm what did I used to use for containers CB or advanced how annoying lol

Comment

If it's not a daft question, what's "advanced" about it?

Comment

Working...
                              X