Suppliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppliers

Just out of interest, has anyone ever used Norfolk Candle Company to buy materials?

I haven't but just had a look. I love their snowflake votive jars. Might bear them in mind for next Christmas. Thanks for the suggestion. I hope someone else can give some feedback on them.

Marion

Comment

I'm intrigued to know other people's experiences as well. I ordered a few bits on 31st of December and they still haven't arrived. I've taken the New Year into account (and then some!) but it's still a pretty delayed package. When I get deliveries within 48 hours from companies like 4candles, that kind of wait is a bit ridiculous!

Comment

Has your order definitely arrived? I'd say that is late. Might be worth chasing?

Marion

Comment

I haven't used them although if you ordered at the very end of the year, they could have been closed for Christmas/New Year which would mean they wouldn't see your order until someone got back to the office. Their terms on their website also does say that some items may take up to 10 working days for delivery.

If it's being sent by Royal Mail, I've been getting post through my door that's been postmarked 2 weeks previously, so Royal Mail is still having some delays from the Christmas period, as well as their usual line of saying to allow up to 15 working days for delivery by them.

Send them an e-mail just to check up but not everything can be done quick and there can be delays. A bit of patience and waiting may be called for sometimes.
          Stephen
          Website - Soy of the North
          Blog - If Soy Candles Could Talk
          Twitter - random thoughts
          Facebook - more random thoughts

Comment

Yeah I'm not rushing to complain or anything but if this is typical of them from other people's experience then I'll know whether its worth using them again. With hindsight I would have ordered from 4c's on Tuesday and received it y'day.
            My order is marked as 'complete' and I enquired as to what that means, I was told it means its been shipped but I don't how long it's been that way as I only checked for the first time 2 days ago. My confirmation email says it'll be sent via parcelforce.
            If it doesn't come tomorrow I'll ask when it was dispatched. If it is a one off then I'll always consider using them again but if it it's a regular occurrence I'll be steering clear!

Comment

For anyone who is interested!
              Finally managed to get hold of the people at NCC - I simply asked when it was dispatched and if I could have the Parcelforce tracking or reference number. I got an email back saying it had been sent by Royal Mail not Parcelforce so...no. And there was no mention of when it was dispatched either.
              I replied (blood slowly boiling), asking again when it was sent and also stated that my confirmation email said it would be sent parcelforce.
              I got a reply from someone else this time saying it was sent on monday and that Parcelforce normally takes 2-5 days depending on delivery area. (Today is the 4th/5th). Still no parcelforce tracking number! So now I'm none the wiser - I've had a mixed response as to how it's been sent, no acknowledgement that it is a little delayed, no tracking number and I'm not even corresponding with the same person every time.

The most annoying thing is that I've received Parcelforce packages that were both ordered and dispatched after Monday. I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever show up.
              Rant over!

Comment

That's really disappointing service, Laura.

I can well understand things being delayed over Christmas but if something wasn't going to be despatched before the holiday I would probably expect to see either a message on the website saying so or an email mentioning holiday delays.

Either way, customer is King and I would expect any problem to be responded to with a bit more attention than you've had. I wonder if they've overlooked your order in the first place and now trying rescue it without admitting it.

Do post when it arrives. I absolutely loathe poor service.

Marion

Comment

I detest having to wait ages for supplies, if they take too long, I don't use again.. I wouldn't expect my customers to pay me and have to wait weeks and weeks for a delivery

Good customer service costs nothing

Comment

You've both echoed my thoughts exactly!
                    I've been waiting for a few measly votive moulds and accessories for this amount of time - I was hoping to start experimenting with them this weekend - especially as I wanted to launch our website tomorrow but I'm not really happy to do so until I know we have some stock to send out in every category. If they don't arrive tomorrow, it puts back the launch of the shop until at least monday and I've already got customers waiting to view it! Their poor customer service means that I now have to inconvenience our customers and it's getting on my wick ('scuse the pun )

Comment

Originally posted by LauraShayler View Post
                      You've both echoed my thoughts exactly!
                      I've been waiting for a few measly votive moulds and accessories for this amount of time - I was hoping to start experimenting with them this weekend - especially as I wanted to launch our website tomorrow but I'm not really happy to do so until I know we have some stock to send out in every category. If they don't arrive tomorrow, it puts back the launch of the shop until at least monday and I've already got customers waiting to view it! Their poor customer service means that I now have to inconvenience our customers and it's getting on my wick ('scuse the pun )
                      I would be tempted to tell them that due to the length of time it's taken you'll be returning the items (when/if they turn up) because you've bought elsewhere in the meantime. (And go and get what you want from 4C's who deliver promptly). There's only so long you can wait for. Especially as it's now held up your website launch. You can also mention you've been on a popular forum and it certainly doesn't look good for them as the rest of us are now unlikely to order from them in future (I know I won't and I'd been looking at some of their things).
                      Terrible service.

Comment

I can definitely understand and accept that poor service happens from time-to-time. What I can't abide is when the company won't admit it.

I had a wonderful experience on ebay where I bought some expensive shampoo. The day after I won the auction the seller sent a very shamefaced email to say she'd caught her daughter with the lid off and a little had been spilled out. I said it was fine and thanks for being honest and she sent me the shampoo plus an extra bottle of a different type, no extra charge. Gestures like that will ensure I deal with her again. Not just for the freebie but for her honesty in admitting what I probably wouldn't have noticed anyway.

Go where the service is good, I'd say.

Marion

Comment

Absolutely agree with both of you there. If nothing arrives today I will be speaking to them on Monday and will order what I need from 4C's in the meantime. Trouble is, it'll come out of my pocket to return them (if they ever do!) and I'm also highly doubtful that they'll give me a refund. That's the lack of faith you get from just one problem with a supplier! Getting hold of them is also like squeezing blood from a stone.
                          Needless to say, I think I will go ahead with our web launch - I'm not going to let another companies poor service break my promises to my customers - but I will have to close the votive page until we've actually been able to test and make the stock.

Monday will be the 7th day (5th working day) from when it was dispatched and it will also be 2 weeks after it was ordered (not that I'm complaining so much about that, it was NYE after all!). There is no way that over £5 of postage costs is worth that kind of wait, regardless of whether it was royal mail or parcelforce.

Comment

If you can get what you need from 4Cs in good time I'd say just keep whatever you ordered from them if it could be used in the future. It won't go to waste. However, the poor service means you (and probably many of us here) won't use them again.

Chalk it up to exerience and bash on with your launch. The very best of luck with it - I hope it's a fantastic success.

Marion

Comment

Yeah I think I will do exactly that. I chose to buy with NCC for that exact reason, I wanted to shop from lots of suppliers to find the best prices, customer service, efficiency etc. Slowly but surely I'm finding the one's that suit me the best and NCC definitely isn't one of them!

On a much happier note...the launch went ahead! Woop!

Comment

Working...
                              X