X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comries candles.........

image.jpg

Hi all

Well I thought I'd share some Xmas presents that comrie, James and myself made. Comrie is the crazy 5 year old who thought it would be a good idea to get his dad to make candles for his Xmas fayre. With wonderful help from you guys we managed to pull that one off.

So for Xmas we made these. The photo is naff, again taken by my other little man!!! But it gives you an idea of what can be achieved - that's if you like them. The only thing we will do differently if we make some more is to insert some glass tea light holders. Although I can report that no problems have occurred on burning.

Right time to grab hard hat and hide behind the sofa :-) don't be too harsh. This is what we achieved after 3-4 weeks on receiving our first order, and if you like them then give yourself a tap on the back. This was very much a coop effort from all on here.
    Cheers

They look great! Hope you raised lots of money.
    If you want to make your own luggage labels in future (to save money) I have a tip to make the rings/hole strengthener for the top of the tag. Buy a small circle punch the outer diameter of the ring. Use a hole punch to make the hole in the centre of the circle to form a ring.

Comment

Why thank you and a great tip. This forum never stops giving.

To see a bigger pic you could always go to my Facebook page. Just type robsmithimages. All one word into the search thing.....that's if you haven't got something better to do :-)

Comment

Ha ha...its my turn to need help. I will try to look on Facebook but I'm rubbish with it.

Comment

Cheryl

many thanks once again for sending me those other vintage labels. I used all of them and they went down great.

Re Facebook. I could always send my five year old round!!!!!! :-)

Comment

Good point. I might ask my six year old niece. Not sure if I want her on my computer though...she moved her dads icons, 'filed' his documents elsewhere and locked him out of something on line by wrongly guessing his passwords. Lol!

Comment

Wow, they look fantastic!
              I've only just started out and this gives me great encouragement.
              Well done you!
              Where did you get the bags from?

Comment

Hi dacosta.

Thanks for your comments. Feeling a little big headed. But with the help on here you can achieve anything. Happy to help re suppliers.

Bags got really cheap from that big out of town craft suppliers. Hobycraft in bolton. Worked out less than 15p per bag which is comparable with online stores....I think.

The most expensive part wasn't the beeswax tea lights either. It was the wood. The price of wood nowadays is incredible. Then you have to dry it, cut it and drill it.

Best of luck and thanks once again.

Comment

Ask on Freegle or freecycle for wood.

Comment

These look brilliant. Well done you and Comrie. I hope you made lots of money.

Marion

Comment

Thanks Marion. These were for Xmas presents. The school fayre we did status jars 100 of them. Sold the lot :-). PTA were made up. Haha.

Comment

I agree, they look great! Well done.

Surprised you got bags so cheap from that store. My wallet runs away and hides every time the missus takes me anywhere her one of those places!

Comment

You know you'll never escape them now, don't you! The PTA will hunt you down and the candles are inside your head now. There is no escape!!!

Marion

Originally posted by Robsmithimages View Post
                          Thanks Marion. These were for Xmas presents. The school fayre we did status jars 100 of them. Sold the lot :-). PTA were made up. Haha.
                          Last edited by MarionT; 07-01-2013, 07:52 PM. Reason: oops! Posted before finished. Tsk.

Comment

Hahaha thanks Spencer and Marion. Means a lot.

I feel like that Patrick mcgoohan from 'the prisoner'!!!!! I will escape. I know my limits and its far easier taking pictures than being a alchemist!!!!!!!

Comment

Hah! No chance. We've got you now. There is NO escape.

Marion

Originally posted by Robsmithimages View Post
                              Hahaha thanks Spencer and Marion. Means a lot.

I feel like that Patrick mcgoohan from 'the prisoner'!!!!! I will escape. I know my limits and its far easier taking pictures than being a alchemist!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X