T light holders.................continued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T light holders.................continued

Hi Guys. As I mentioned in my previous thread I had made several items in hardwood to take T lights in glass holders and had assumed that all the glass holders would be the same size, sadly they are not. The new drill bit and new glasses arrived this morning but again the glass holders are just that bit to big to go into the hardwood bases I have already made and I really don't want to bin them and I just cannot find any glass holders that will fit into a 45mm hole.

Does anyone have any glasses spare that will do the job. I need 18 of them. Some of the glass holders I have are very close but wont go in. The holes are approx 15mm deep. I cannot re-drill the ones I have already made, it is just impossible and even if I attempted to do this they would not look right as the holes would no longer be in perfect alignment. I will gladly pay whatever it takes to get the smaller glass holders. Many thanks everyone.

Bloody hell. Unlucky Geoff. I'm sure someone on here will be able to help. Shouldn't have said the bit about "paying whatever it takes" :-)))))))

i hope someone can help cos I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Is the drill bit ok that you got? Apart from size?

cheers.
    Rob

Comment

Hi Rob. Yes, the drill bit came this morning and its brilliant. Its a saw tooth forstner bit so the cut and the finish are far superior to anything else. I have just finished a batch of candle holders and will be posting the photos on face book within the next half hour and just had confirmation I have a craft fair on the 9th Feb so will be well in for valentines day. Making more heart shapes now with red candles.

Comment

Brill thanks Geoff. I would urge all candle makers to take a look. :-)

best of luck with the fair.

As I'm very lazy. You haven't got the part number or ref for toolpost have you?????

cheers pal. Right over to Facebook. :-)

Comment

Hi Rob. Thanks for your kind comments. Re-Toolpost. They are based in Oxfordshire, Just type in toolpost into the search engine and they will come up. If you are thinking of getting the same forstner bit that I got it is made by planet tools, which toolpost stock. Its the 1 and 7/8th one that I got and its the business. It leaves about 1mm all round once the glass holder is in, which is just nice, well pleased with the resultd. All the pics are now on the facebook page. Geoff.

Comment

Brilliant thanks Geoff. Will order later today, am picking up my new pillar drill later today :-) to think if it wasn't for my 5year old none of this candle making would have happened!!!!! Good job my photography business is doing well, otherwise I'll be eating into his mums shoe and bag pocket money :-)

Comment

Hi Geoff
              Just wondered if you found some tea -lights for your holders. I had a wee look at them and they are lovely. How can I place an order for one?

Isabel

Comment

Isabel.

Ive been speaking with Geoff via Facebook etc and I can tell you he is one very nice and genuine man. He is dedicated to his art and his work is without fault. And I'm not on commission. Just wanted to reassure you he's the real deal. Not sure is always on here so I'll contacting him to,answer your question. It's a valid point you make.

All the best

ps re my other story. It was all true. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Robsmithimages View Post
                  Isabel.

Ive been speaking with Geoff via Facebook etc and I can tell you he is one very nice and genuine man. He is dedicated to his art and his work is without fault. And I'm not on commission. Just wanted to reassure you he's the real deal. Not sure is always on here so I'll contacting him to,answer your question. It's a valid point you make.

All the best

ps re my other story. It was all true. :-)

Cheers ROB appreciate it, they really are works of art. I had an uncle who was a carpenter and he used to say only people who love and respect wood can reveal it's true beauty. Looks as if Geoff is in that category.

ps re my other story. It was all true

Aye right! (as we say in the west of Scotland)

Comment

Hi Isabel. Sorry for the delay. I thought this post had gone past its sell by date. I must thank Rob for his very kind comments. Yes. I really do love what i do. I am working with the wood full time as I am disabled and have nothing else to do. I am on Facebook under, Wooden crafts from Wales if you want to look at what I do. I shall be adding some more candle holders tomorrow. I don't know if we are allowed to give out e-mail addresses on here. I shall assume its okay. Mine is [email protected] if you want to get in touch with me. All the best. Geoff.

Comment

Hi Geoff, I've been off-line for several weeks so am catching up on the posts I missed so only just seen this one. Off to look at your facebook page right now!
                      Isabel

Comment

Hi Geoff, just had a look on FB. Your stuff is very good.
                        If wrong glass/wrong drill is ever or still a problem I may be able to help with that. Those drill bits sound very expensive.
                        James
                        www.facebook.com/CraftyCath

Comment

OMG Geoff what a talent you have! I've just whizzed through them and am spoilt for choice. I particularly like the last three and the joined hearts, have you still got them? You may have solved my February birthday gifts problems! If you're going to upload some more over the next few days I'll wait until I've seen them before ordering. I'll email you for details etc after I've chosen, if thats OK.
                          Isabel

Comment

Hi James. It was a bit hit and miss at first as I has assumed all glass T light holders would be the same size. It was a matter of buying several forstner drill bits to make the holes for the various glasses, they are very expensive but I have all I need now. In the main I am using Ikea glasses but also buying in small batches of others that are really nice. I have just bought some blue tulip shaped glasses and when the candles are lit in them they are really nice.

Isabel. All the candle holders on my face book page will be regular stock items so they will always be available, the only thing is that wood being wood there may be slight colour changes but what I tend to do when I get an order from a customer is to e-mail a photo of the item before I post it off just to make sure it is okay. As you will see from the face book page I have the joined hearts in a light coloured hardwood and also a dark coloured hardwood. I shall post more photos later today of some new designs I did. Thanks all for your very kind comments.

Comment

Hi Geoff,

just had a look at your Facebook page - beautiful stuff - well done!

Comment

Working...
                              X