• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MarionT
    replied
    Originally posted by burning_it_at_both_ends View Post
    Hiya,
    I trim my wicks (they are tin candles using ecosoya wax and a variety of wicks) before every burn to about 5mm.
    x
    Perfect - thanks! It's good to know I'm not doing something wrong.

Marion x

Leave a comment:

• burning_it_at_both_ends
    replied
    Hiya,
    I trim my wicks (they are tin candles using ecosoya wax and a variety of wicks) before every burn to about 5mm.
    x

Leave a comment:

• MarionT
    replied
    Originally posted by spyderuk View Post
    Have you lit it yet?
    How well you know me (guilty look)

I started this morning and it's had 2 x 2 hours and still burning. It's behaving beautifully, except that I did have to trim the wick a little after the first burning and can see that it could do with a wee trim again.

I don't have to trim my tealights which burn for about 5 hours - is it normal to have to trip wicks in jars? I'm using soy container blend and MP6 from Full Moons Cauldron. I also have MP4 so could try that next time if it's not usual to trim the wick.

Marion

Leave a comment:

• spyderuk
    replied
    Have you lit it yet?

Leave a comment:

• MarionT
    replied
    Thanks Spyder. Will try to be patient ...

Marion

Leave a comment:

• spyderuk
    replied
    Testing, testing.

I try and wait 2-3 days on jars but burn some after a week or so to compare. I recently had a SoR return and it was pixie dust in pale pink that had gone a funny grey colour like that of around the yolk in a hard boiled egg. Jar about 6-8 months old, burnt lovely and scent throw was awesome.

I would try and go for 2-3 days if you can hold out.

Leave a comment:

• MarionT
    started a topic Waiting before test burning

Waiting before test burning

Hi again and Happy New Year to everyone here. Hope 2013 will be peaceful and prosperous for you all.

Anyway, to business. I'm fairly sure I have the fragrance throw sorted out and am experimenting with 2 different jars now.

My question is, if I'm not concerned about the hot throw, do I need to wait 3 days to test burn? I really just want to make sure the wick is the correct size/type. So could I burn the next day to check this? Or is it likely it'll burn differently 2 days further on?

Thanks,

Marion
Working...
X