Waiting before test burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting before test burning

Hi again and Happy New Year to everyone here. Hope 2013 will be peaceful and prosperous for you all.

Anyway, to business. I'm fairly sure I have the fragrance throw sorted out and am experimenting with 2 different jars now.

My question is, if I'm not concerned about the hot throw, do I need to wait 3 days to test burn? I really just want to make sure the wick is the correct size/type. So could I burn the next day to check this? Or is it likely it'll burn differently 2 days further on?

Thanks,

Marion

Testing, testing.

I try and wait 2-3 days on jars but burn some after a week or so to compare. I recently had a SoR return and it was pixie dust in pale pink that had gone a funny grey colour like that of around the yolk in a hard boiled egg. Jar about 6-8 months old, burnt lovely and scent throw was awesome.

I would try and go for 2-3 days if you can hold out.
    http://www.facebook.com/rugeleycandles

Comment

Thanks Spyder. Will try to be patient ...

Marion

Comment

Have you lit it yet?
        http://www.facebook.com/rugeleycandles

Comment

Originally posted by spyderuk View Post
          Have you lit it yet?
          How well you know me (guilty look)

I started this morning and it's had 2 x 2 hours and still burning. It's behaving beautifully, except that I did have to trim the wick a little after the first burning and can see that it could do with a wee trim again.

I don't have to trim my tealights which burn for about 5 hours - is it normal to have to trip wicks in jars? I'm using soy container blend and MP6 from Full Moons Cauldron. I also have MP4 so could try that next time if it's not usual to trim the wick.

Marion

Comment

Hiya,
            I trim my wicks (they are tin candles using ecosoya wax and a variety of wicks) before every burn to about 5mm.
            x

Comment

Originally posted by burning_it_at_both_ends View Post
              Hiya,
              I trim my wicks (they are tin candles using ecosoya wax and a variety of wicks) before every burn to about 5mm.
              x
              Perfect - thanks! It's good to know I'm not doing something wrong.

Marion x

Comment

Working...
              X