Candle Colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candle Colour

Just a quick question before we all go off to eat too much, drink too much and slob about too much!
    I've just been wrapping up a couple of candles as gifts, I used paraffin wax and 1g Windsor Red dye per 100g of wax but the candles are a pinky-red colour. What colour/kind of dye do you use to get that lovely festive red colour?

Hope everyone has a verry Happy Christmas, Santas just left Mt Everest so it won't be long til he's here!

Isabel

images.jpg

Hi Isabel,

I tend to use a little over 1% windsor red to get a decent red colour. Somewhere around 1.5% works well.
    One thing to consider is if your wax formula contains Vybar as this tends to make the colours less potent.

Hope you and yours (and everyone else reading!) have a great Xmas.
    I'm going to start on the Xmas 'spirit' as soon as the twins shuffle off to bed

Spencer.

Comment

Cheers Spencer. (for the info and for the Christmas spirit you'll be breaking out soon!)

Isabelx

images.jpg
      Last edited by holehouse; 24-12-2012, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Reddi glo chips- cinnamon red. Gorgeous!

c

Comment

Originally posted by Clarabell View Post
          Reddi glo chips- cinnamon red. Gorgeous!

c
          This is a nice rich red even in vybar blends. I have no troubles with windsor red flakes at 1gm to 100gm's of wax. We use it in our dragons blood. The Autumn red on the other hand can be wishy washy.
          http://www.facebook.com/rugeleycandles

Comment

Just wondering where you all buy your wax dye? I've used mainly Thornes but with Soy Wax I suspect the colour is a little paler anyway.

Marion

Comment

4C's for flakes, Devonscents for chips, although I'm trying to find chips at a better price for use and resale.
              http://www.facebook.com/rugeleycandles

Comment

I use windsor red in my soy wax and get a lovely christmassy red, just use a little more than the 1% though xx

Comment

Thanks, both.

Marion

Comment

Working...
                  X