X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood wicks and sustainers

Hi
    This is primarily aimed at Spencer.
    I've found this website in the states. I know you were looking for cheap suppliers of sustainers. They offer 100 for $7 can't remember the cost per 1000.
    They've quoted me $17 dollars to ship 300 wicks and 200 sustainers. The web site is http://www.unitywoodenwicks.com/orginal_wicks.html
    for anyone interested.

Isabel

Hullo,

great information and I hope you don't mind me gate crashing this thread.

I recently bought mine from 4candles and have found them to be brilliant. I've only ever made less than 200 candles and today used up my last stock of wood wicks with soy and 4candles small tin. Very pleased with the results. Perhaps they get them from here?

Was thinking though at what cost to us if we build relationships up with business that supply from outside the UK? If all of us/you were to purchase from a supplier such as 4candles then there prices would fall? Plus the end user/customer might prefer locally bought stock? Ie the recent boom in farmers markets. Also you guys are artisans? Not tesco!!!!! :-)

Was thinking the other day why all of you don't form a coop and then you could get better deals from suppliers within the UK.

right I'm back to my glass of red and wondering if Kirsties homemade christmas show is any good or is it that I just fancy her!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hi Isabel, I don't use these wicks but they sound a good deal, I have brought moulds from the USA it works out cheaper than sensory perfection

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
      Hi
      This is primarily aimed at Spencer.
      I've found this website in the states. I know you were looking for cheap suppliers of sustainers. They offer 100 for $7 can't remember the cost per 1000.
      They've quoted me $17 dollars to ship 300 wicks and 200 sustainers. The web site is http://www.unitywoodenwicks.com/orginal_wicks.html
      for anyone interested.

Isabel

Comment

Originally posted by Robsmithimages View Post
        Hullo,
        great information and I hope you don't mind me gate crashing this thread.

I recently bought mine from 4candles and have found them to be brilliant. I've only ever made less than 200 candles and today used up my last stock of wood wicks with soy and 4candles small tin. Very pleased with the results. Perhaps they get them from here?

Was thinking though at what cost to us if we build relationships up with business that supply from outside the UK? If all of us/you were to purchase from a supplier such as 4candles then there prices would fall? Plus the end user/customer might prefer locally bought stock? Ie the recent boom in farmers markets. Also you guys are artisans? Not tesco!!!!! :-)

Was thinking the other day why all of you don't form a coop and then you could get better deals from suppliers within the UK.

right I'm back to my glass of red and wondering if Kirsties homemade christmas show is any good or is it that I just fancy her!!!!!!!!
        Hi Rob
        You raise a few very interesting points!
        I already order most of my supplies from 4C's including wood wicks. Difficulty is here in the UK we seem to pay premium prices for our supplies the knock on effect is that the end product ends up more expensive which leads, potentially, to fewer sales. I would love to buy locally but the products are either not available or are sold at inflated prices. In small quantities, including P&P each of these wicks costs approx 60p from 4C's as opposed to approx 15p shipping in from the States! If 4C's is supplied by a company similar to this one they will buy in bulk reducing the price even further, so their profit margin on this product must be very high.
        So maybe the flip-side to your argument is that if more UK companies offered their products at a fair price, more people would buy locally!

Isabel
        Last edited by holehouse; 18-12-2012, 10:35 PM.

Comment

I use unity for my wooden wicks and they are fantastic - only drawback is the lead time when ordering from US. But order in plenty of time and the savings make it worthwhile!

C

Comment

Completely agree with Isabel and hullo to you too :-) perhaps 4c read/contribute to this forum or someone on here knows them enough to give them a little nod. Perhaps they could offer members here a % discount. After all like I mentioned you guys are kinda a cooperative. We/you need them to make a profit otherwise we/you wouldn't have a supplier but perhaps there is some value in forging a closer relationship with those on here???? Btw my apologies if I came across all bullish....a combination of red wine and a iPad is never a good thing :-)

Comment

Discounts would be welcome but I believe they already offer bulk buying discount which I think is 10% but you have to drop a grand to get it before vat. Not really aimed at the small home crafter.

Edit just checked and forgot the 5% on 200 quid plus, before vat.
              http://www.facebook.com/rugeleycandles

Comment

Originally posted by Clarabell View Post
                I use unity for my wooden wicks and they are fantastic - only drawback is the lead time when ordering from US. But order in plenty of time and the savings make it worthwhile!

C
                Hi Clarabell
                Which wicks do you use? They seem to have two different types, double and single, the single ones are very cheap in comparison to 4C's. Do you prime the wicks you get from them, if so how do you do it?
                Thanks for your help

Isabel

Comment

Working...
                X