What are you pouring today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you pouring today?

Just for a bit of fun and see what people are upto.

Starting off tonight's job list is fresh snow and mulled wine jars. I may do a couple of small twigs n berries if I feel like it.

Last Xmas stock crafting session for this year.

What ya pouring?
    http://www.facebook.com/rugeleycandles

A great big glass of red wine, for starters!

Then probably Crackling Log Fire tealights and possibly Frankincense & Myrrh too. Depends on time. I have boxes to gift-wrap first then will see what's left for the loose orders. Your FOs sound very exciting! But I've hyacinth bowl orders to get ready for tomorrow morning so tealights may have to wait.

Marion

Comment

I'm agreeing on the big glass of red!

Not pouring anything tonight as I've been up in the loft pouring for most of the afternoon and now having a doss on the sofa as this blasted cold virus is taking hold and I've got a manic day at work tomorrow!

This afternoon I managed to rustle up 50 layered and decorated Xmas cake tea lights (a lot of effort, but the customer pays well ), 40 decorated Xmas pine votives (topped with snowflake embeds), two candy cane pillars (red and white layers) and a hurricane with embedded holly leaves.

Comment

Spencer, these sound superb, any chance of a wee sneaky peek?
        Only thing I'l be pouring tonight is 30mls night nurse before bed ~ I feel your pain Spencer!

Isabel

Comment

Sounds wonderful, Spencer. I'd love to see the photos too.

Hope you and Isabel both feel better tomorrow. Feel a bit like Michael Caine in Zulu - surrounded by viruses. Can I hold out???

Marion

Comment

I always have to reply with a requote, it won't let me reply without, damn iPhone......I've made nothing as didn't realise I had run out of soy container wax was going to make some chunks.. Although didn't i read somewhere to make the chunks out of pillar blend?

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
            I'm agreeing on the big glass of red!

Not pouring anything tonight as I've been up in the loft pouring for most of the afternoon and now having a doss on the sofa as this blasted cold virus is taking hold and I've got a manic day at work tomorrow!

This afternoon I managed to rustle up 50 layered and decorated Xmas cake tea lights (a lot of effort, but the customer pays well ), 40 decorated Xmas pine votives (topped with snowflake embeds), two candy cane pillars (red and white layers) and a hurricane with embedded holly leaves.
            Last edited by Danismum; 16-12-2012, 07:53 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Wow Spencer been a busy boy. I've been to school today, I have to work weekends from time to time.

I'm about to pour a vodka n coke now.

Trying to figure out if I can post pics straight from my phone. Don't seem like it so time to test tinypic on phone.

Edit. Container blend is soft but never tried it. For a few surface embeds I used the leftovers from votives to decorate the top of jars. Only in elf sweat though.

Edit, edit. Pouring done time to chill.

Last edited by spyderuk; 16-12-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Looks fantastic, Spyder. Loving the wick holders. Are these home made?

Marion

Comment

4C's Marion. The smallest size fits nice on 1lb honey jar, there's a bit of wiggle room on the half pound jars. The little clips I picked up from a euro type junk shop in Spain. They are fab.

Comment

Spyder these look fantastic. Love the clip idea with the WCT what a great idea!

Isabel

Comment

Originally posted by spyderuk View Post
                      I'm about to pour a vodka n coke now.
                      Is that a new candle fragrance, Spyder?

Anyway, here's a very small sample of my afternoon's work. The rest of these, the pillars and the hurricane have been delivered already so no pics of those this time round I'm afraid...

SnowflakeVotive.jpgXmasCakeTealights.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
                        Spyder these look fantastic. Love the clip idea with the WCT what a great idea!

Isabel
                        Thanks Isabel. Just topping up some Xmas jars for our last little sale day. I may have gone over the top but interest seems high. I'd rather put some jars in the loft for 10 months than have to disappoint customers. Got some planned for gifts too.

Spencer? Make that another one who would like to see your spoils. The votives sound funky.

Edit. Ah beat me to it lol. Let's go take a peak.

Back again. Looking awesome Mr Spencer. I especially like the votive. Was this the sale from last year molds? They are a perfect size. I was looking at silicone flower molds for the same thing but not acquired any yet.
                        Last edited by spyderuk; 16-12-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

OMIGOSH I love these!

Marion

Anyway, here's a very small sample of my afternoon's work. The rest of these, the pillars and the hurricane have been delivered already so no pics of those this time round I'm afraid...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34051[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]34052[/ATTACH]

Comment

Very nice and yours are Sypder

i tried a 1lb honey jar candle once with an LX28, worked quite well

I like the sound of wood wicks in container votives but just seen the price of them.. Do any of you sell them (a made up votive container candle) for me to burn for personal use

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34051[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]34052[/ATTACH]

Comment

Spyder
                              Are these the honey jars you buy from wares? How much wax does each hold?
                              Isabel

Comment

Working...
                              X