Nothing to do with candles!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing to do with candles!

Ok I know I should be wrapping presents, doing housework or something else, other than sitting on my laptop browsing, but I'm not! I'm loaded with the cold, feeling sorry for myself and making the most of being waited on hand and foot!!
    I was just reading through some posts and wondered why people chose their forum names -told you it was daft but these things intrigue me, a bit like personalised number plates (never understood why people have them)
    I know some people use their name (Spencer, Marion etc) but why SpyderUK, Sheddie, Cosmic grammie etc. Mine is part of my address - very unimaginative!
    How did you choose yours!?

Isabel

A place I used to work at many years ago I got the nickname spider. Apparently 1 guy thought I looked like the spider out off Coronation Street although I never saw the resemblance. The UK part is kinda self explanatory and an easy reference to my location. Also serves as an extension when someone beats me to "spyder" haha

Trying to think of usernames makes me have a total blank at times so it seems to have stuck as a forum username over the years.

Oh, this is kinda actually off topic so I presume a mod will move it soon.
    http://www.facebook.com/rugeleycandles

Comment

Haha, you appear to have one of those pondering brains like my other half does. She often wonders things like "do cows have regional specific accents?"..

As you pointed out, my forum name is my name. The 101 is just because someone has always taken just "Spencer" so I have to add something to the end and I can be found on several forums under the same name.

As for personalised number plates, I don't see the point in them either, other than showing people that you've got more money than you know what to do with or that you're a little vain
      Although saying that, I saw a very good personalised number plate when I lived in America. It was a big flashy red Corvette (obviously quite expensive) and a very happy looking young man driving it. The number plate said "GOD I O U 1".

Comment

I swear I could hear my brother's voice in his budgie!

Marion

ps get well soon, Isabel. Miserable having the cold x

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
        Haha, you appear to have one of those pondering brains like my other half does. She often wonders things like "do cows have regional specific accents?"..

As you pointed out, my forum name is my name. The 101 is just because someone has always taken just "Spencer" so I have to add something to the end and I can be found on several forums under the same name.

As for personalised number plates, I don't see the point in them either, other than showing people that you've got more money than you know what to do with or that you're a little vain
        Although saying that, I saw a very good personalised number plate when I lived in America. It was a big flashy red Corvette (obviously quite expensive) and a very happy looking young man driving it. The number plate said "GOD I O U 1".

Comment

Originally posted by spyderuk View Post
          Oh, this is kinda actually off topic so I presume a mod will move it soon.
          Ooopps sorry mods didn't realise I breached the rules!

Isabel

Comment

I would assume the Mods will move it to general thread as it's not actually about candle making as such.....Don't think it's breaking rules as such, it's just in the wrong section of the forum xx
            Oh and my username is an old family nickname
            Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

as I am a little weird ............ haha only a little! My user name is the name of my imaginary friend when I was a child.........see told you I was weird

Comment

Originally posted by sheddie View Post
                as I am a little weird ............ haha only a little! My user name is the name of my imaginary friend when I was a child.........see told you I was weird
                Thanks for cheering me up on a Sunday morning at work. Made me chuckle.
                http://www.facebook.com/rugeleycandles

Comment

Working...
                X