Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glowing candles

Hi

I have made a few candle but my partener went to a candle party last week and purchased a candle that when lit glows from top to bottom? how is this done and can we make this type of candle?

Any help or information would be very helpfull.

Cheers
    Dan

I've seen this made by Airwick, they have an electronic kit at the bottom with a lcd light on which is activated by infrared light

Originally posted by honda-pilot View Post
    Hi

I have made a few candle but my partener went to a candle party last week and purchased a candle that when lit glows from top to bottom? how is this done and can we make this type of candle?

Any help or information would be very helpfull.

Cheers
    Dan

Comment

No its not one of those, its the actual flame that makes it glow all the way through. The website below is to the company that make then, they are in the catalogue on pages 16-17.

www .partylite.co.uk

I will post a picture of it lit up.

Comment

This is it lit, they look fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by honda-pilot View Post
          This is it lit, they look fantastic.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]34019[/ATTACH]
          Hi,

Your picture link doesn't work because you have to have 25 posts under your belt before you're allowed to post pics and links.

As for these candles, I presume they are made of wax that is quite translucent and are not dyed. If they are coloured then chances are they are dipped so the colour is only a thin layer on the outside. Candle light travels quite well through wax as it is, but without any dye or additives that would make the wax more opaque you could get the bulk of the candle glowing.

Comment

I viewed the link direct and I think Spencer is right, they are translucent almost like church candles

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
            Hi,

Your picture link doesn't work because you have to have 25 posts under your belt before you're allowed to post pics and links.

As for these candles, I presume they are made of wax that is quite translucent and are not dyed. If they are coloured then chances are they are dipped so the colour is only a thin layer on the outside. Candle light travels quite well through wax as it is, but without any dye or additives that would make the wax more opaque you could get the bulk of the candle glowing.

Comment

Working...
            X