No announcement yet.

Test burnings - can I use the same wax?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Test burnings - can I use the same wax?

Good morning all - brrr. Cold!

Last night I poured a jar candle in a size I haven't tested before. Assuming the wick size IS NOT correct or there's some other problem (isn't there always!) can I simply melt the wax in this candle and reuse for another test? Or would I have to use a new lot of wax? Obviously I wouldn't be looking to sell the reused wax candle, it's just to save wasting a jarload of wax every time I test.

Thanks,

Marion

hi marion

I'm no expert....far from it but why not! I certainly have, as long as it is clear of debris and not burnt I can't see why it would hurt, hopefully someone will be along with more experience who can confirm or challenge my idea.

Always willing and happy to learn

Comment

Originally posted by sheddie View Post
      hi marionI'm no expert....far from it but why not! I certainly have, as long as it is clear of debris and not burnt I can't see why it would hurt, hopefully someone will be along with more experience who can confirm or challenge my idea. Always willing and happy to learn
      Spot on! The only thing to watch out for is if you're making a fragranced candle to test and remelt for another test then a certain amount of the FO/EO will evaporte during reheating.This could lead to slightly skewed results as each successive melt will have less and less FO/EO in it. But so long as you don't heat too high and for too long, the effect will be negligible.

Comment

Thanks Spencer & Sheddie. I couldn't really see why it wouldn't be ok but wanted to check with the experts!!!

Thanks again,

Marion

Comment

haha I'm no expert Marion I just make a lot of mistakes .........so I've remelted a lot of wax with no ill affects as far as I can see anyway

Comment

Thanks Sheddie! Happy I'm not the only one making howlers.

Marion x

Comment

Working...
            X