Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candle Scent

Hi Me again.
    I've been browsing a few web-sites looking at different FO suppliers... beats watching the Xfactor final!
    So far I've ordered from SP, 4'cs and just placed an order with Scent Perfique. Because I'm just starting I'm trying a few different suppliers to see whose I prefer. I've just been looking at Candlemakers Supplies (www.candlemakers.co.uk) They have this advice at the top of their page. 15ml/0.5oz bottle sufficient for 4kg wax. Add to the correct temperature wax and stir before pouring into mould.
    Has anyone any experience of using their FO's have they found this ratio correct? It's much less than the volume I currently use. Be glad of your advice.

Oh I see James has won....there's a surprise!
    Last edited by holehouse; 09-12-2012, 10:21 PM.

Gosh, that is a low amount. For 4 kg I would add between 200g and 400g (5% - 10%) so 0.5 oz is VERY low. I'd be interested too because FO is the most expensive part of my chandling.

Not an X-Factor fan but have heard it mentioned in this house!!!

Comment

It does sound low but this guy is candle maker to HRH. So either he has super strength fragrance oil or Charles likes a delicately fragranced candle.

i've seen this chap on TV but I don't remember him making fragranced candles that day...

Comment

Hi
        I emailed the company and here is their response. Think it's time they updated their website! Perhaps they're too busy making "New Prince/princess candles for the middle of next year!
        Dear Isobel,

You get a slight aroma at the 4kg rate but I tend to work to 2-5% as well as most customers these days expect a strong scent to be emitted.

The 4kg recommendation goes back to the days when perfumed candles were not as popular as they seem to be today.

They should work as well in soy as they do in paraffin wax.

Best regards

Candle Makers Supplies

Comment

Good job you asked really lol

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
          Hi
          I emailed the company and here is their response. Think it's time they updated their website! Perhaps they're too busy making "New Prince/princess candles for the middle of next year!
          Dear Isobel,

You get a slight aroma at the 4kg rate but I tend to work to 2-5% as well as most customers these days expect a strong scent to be emitted.

The 4kg recommendation goes back to the days when perfumed candles were not as popular as they seem to be today.

They should work as well in soy as they do in paraffin wax.

Best regards

Candle Makers Supplies

Comment

Working...
          X