Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tealights and Wax Melt

Hiya,
    Can I use the ECOsoya XCel wax I already have to make tealights and wax melts or do I need to buy EcoSoya Pillar Blend wax?
    Thanks!

I've made both with XL and they've worked well.

Comment

Originally posted by holehouse View Post
      I've made both with XL and they've worked well.
      That is good to hear ~ thank you.

Comment

I have been testing my tealights. I used Eco Soya Xcel with ECO 0.5, TL25 and TL28 and 4C's standard foil tealight cups.
        I haven't been that impressed with the burning time ~ the ECO 0.5 lasted 3.5 hours (its out of wax but the wick is still lit) and the TL25 and TL28 lasted a just over four hours.
        These were unscented and I was hoping for them to burn for at least 6 hours.
        Any advice? Should I use a different type of wax such as the eco soy pillar blend?
        Thanks!

Comment

I've never had a tealight last 6 hours. Not even a soy one and soy is alleged to burn far longer than paraffin.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
            I've never had a tealight last 6 hours. Not even a soy one and soy is alleged to burn far longer than paraffin.
            They lie then! Thank you!

Comment

Maybe they have very big tealight cases...

Comment

Perhaps

Comment

Quote by Spencer
                  I have just tested a couple of tealights using Rapeseed and a different wick and have got in excess of 6 and a half hours burn time each time using 3C's clear tealight holders

I will go burn some more incase it was a fluke, it could also be that it was in a burner so ideal conditions i.e. no drafts.

Valx
                  Last edited by sheddie; 23-01-2013, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Our tealights last just under 6 hours on average - I lit one the other day at about 3pm and it burnt itself out at about 8:40pm, so 6 hours MIGHT just be possible. If not, nearly 6 hours is good enough :P

We use clear plastic cups, EcoSoya XL and TL28 just for the record.

Comment

Originally posted by LauraShayler View Post
                      Our tealights last just under 6 hours on average - I lit one the other day at about 3pm and it burnt itself out at about 8:40pm, so 6 hours MIGHT just be possible. If not, nearly 6 hours is good enough :P

We use clear plastic cups, EcoSoya XL and TL28 just for the record.
                      Thanks lovely! I am going to do another test

Comment

My pleasure! Good luck, let me know how it goes! Maybe we should all have a tealight burning contest...
                        Or maybe that would be a bit like watching paint dry.

I think I'm too obsessed now. Going to have a lie down :P

Comment

I am little unsure whether to offer tealights but could make them at as and when they are ordered.
                          How is the business going?

Comment

They might be good to put into a gift set or offer as samples. It still means you're offering variety, just in a limited sense!
                            Business is going well thanks, we've got a stockist in Kent and another possibly on the way in Suffolk. We've had a few web orders and even sold 3 things in the middle of the snow yesterday morning at a village farmers' market lol.

How are your preparations coming along?

Comment

That is super!

Yeah, I am happy with the candles/melts now. I need to put the wheels in motion to buy the supplies I need to make some up, get them photographed and sort out the website ~ the bit that needs the cash!

Comment

Working...
                              X