USA Votive wicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Votive wicks

Does anyone use the VOTIVE Wicks 44-24-18From USA?

just wondered if they are better than the 3 x 6c

thanks

Hi,

I do quite often. But the zinc cored version.
    They're great in paraffin votives and give a steady slow burn but they do mushroom quite a lot so you have to keep them well trimmed.

I'm sure in SpyderUK's 'epic thread' there is lots of information on these wicks and slightly smaller and larger versions that might help you out.

Comment

I think I used them before a while ago, I really should have written it down , yes they would have been the zinc ones, do you find them better than the 3 x c range?

ill try and find spyderuk epic thread

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
      Hi,

I do quite often. But the zinc cored version.
      They're great in paraffin votives and give a steady slow burn but they do mushroom quite a lot so you have to keep them well trimmed.

I'm sure in SpyderUK's 'epic thread' there is lots of information on these wicks and slightly smaller and larger versions that might help you out.

Comment

Better? Yet again it depends on the specific candle. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Here's a link to his thread. There's lots of it so you'll have to do a little trawling, but I'm sure there's info in there on the wicks you mention.

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...-Wax-for-Tarts

Comment

Wow that is some thread!.. Very interesting though

[QUOTE=Spencer101;553055]Better? Yet again it depends on the specific candle. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Here's a link to his thread. There's lots of it so you'll have to do a little trawling, but I'm sure there's info in there on the wicks you mention.

Comment

Originally posted by Danismum View Post
            Wow that is some thread!.. Very interesting though
            Thanks. It's my personal diary of events involving hot n cold wax.

Sometimes I wish there was such a thing as a 3x4c. Something a tad gentler than the 3x6 as I still feel overwicked at times. I see a lot more experimenting coming up in the new year. We're not as hard up for materials as we were 11 months ago so experimenting times ahead.

I have an idea for a new product range for spring although it's now't new It's something I wanted to do this year but never got around too it.
            http://www.facebook.com/rugeleycandles

Comment

Working...
            X