Craft Fair - Good Result!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Fair - Good Result!

For those of you who have borne my incessant fretting over a forthcoming craft fair, prices etc, I'm pleased to report that, while the fair was quite quiet, my stall did well, candles selling like hot cakes (which they kind of are!)

I finally decided on £4 per box of 6, including ribbon, handwritten labels etc and 60p per tealight sold loose (soy wax). I sold well both boxes and loose, some fragrances selling out and I have orders for a few more so I'm pleased I stuck with the prices. Lots of good feedback too. I burned one in the hall and the smell was lovely which I think drew people over. Some people were surprised when I said I'd made them. (really? Do people sell bought candles at craft fairs?)

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for all the help, advice and encouragement. It's great to have your support.

Thanks again,

Marion

Awesome news. Well done. I find the feedback the most rewarding part of the whole thing. People love candles at Christmas.

I've just mailed out 2 sets of 6 mixed xmas tealights that was requested at our last fair. I only snagged 50 cups and wicks on a recent order. We made some with leftovers from our containers so poured and tested a few. Luckily I had some photo's on my phone. Our packaging wasn't as nice as your but I explained they would only be in a ziploc bag with a list of the fragrances for reference. I'm not sure whether it's another line I want to bring in right now but maybe in the future as they are popular and people have tealight holders.

Did you only have tealights? How did any other lines sell?
    http://www.facebook.com/rugeleycandles

Comment

Tealights were the only candles I had for sale. Still to experiment properly with jars. However, I did also have my own potpourri, scented pine cones, various firelighters made with wax, knitted scarves (didn't sell) and I think that was about it. So pleased with the way the candles sold. Thanks for your feedback and your own methods. Can you find zip lock bags quite cheaply?

Marion

Comment

Glad it went well Marion, always good to know fellow crafters are doing well

valx

Comment

Thanks! It was a great boost.

Marion

Comment

Congratulations on a good market!!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
              Congratulations on a good market!!
              thanks, Cosmic Grammie! It was a good day, although exhausting. Mind you, the people next to me were selling shabby chic furniture so I can't really complain.

Marion

Comment

Hi Marion,
                I'm delighted to hear about your craft fair, I was thinking about you and how you got on so I'm delighted to see your post and that you did well.
                Well done!

Sheila x
                Sheila Wiseman - magical wire sculptures

www.etsy.com/shop/SheilaWiseman

www.facebook.com/sheilawisemanwire

Comment

Thank you Sheila - that's so kind of you. I must admit I was a bit nervous as it was the first time for many items so it's great it went so well. (Phew!)

Marion

Comment

congratulations on the successful day!

Comment

Congrats Marion!
                      I hope my first one goes as well as yours!
                      Maddy Xx

Comment

Thanks to everyone who's posted lovely messages. It's very much appreciated.

Marion x

Comment

Originally posted by Madddy View Post
                          Congrats Marion!
                          I hope my first one goes as well as yours!
                          Maddy Xx
                          I'm sure it'll be a great success Maddy. x

Comment

Working...
                          X