Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ye had a fiddle that how i came up with that formular for the rapeseed wax one on the other post changed the ammount of f/o % to what i was after and it layed recipie out for me many thanks for that an ace bit of kit sir
    one of my firework displays others on the same user profile http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N11qXBtNsgE

Comment

What a great idea! I'd be interested in a copy spencer if you have the time.

Many Thanks
      The butcher, the baker...http://www.thecandlekitmaker.co.uk
      And now a blog to boot - Guest contributors more than welcome: http://www.candlemakingtips.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by thecandlekitmaker View Post
        What a great idea! I'd be interested in a copy spencer if you have the time.

Many Thanks
        Ping your email address over to me in a PM and I'll email it to you right away.

Comment

Much obliged!
          The butcher, the baker...http://www.thecandlekitmaker.co.uk
          And now a blog to boot - Guest contributors more than welcome: http://www.candlemakingtips.co.uk

Comment

Hello
            I am a candle maker in Australia and would love a copy of the spreedsheet please
            my email is [email protected]
            I did try to PM but it didnt work for some reason =)

Thanks in Advance

Comment

Hi KiwiChrissi,

Spreadsheet should be in your inbox now.

Comment

What a great idea, very kind of you!
                French Fancies to Jammie Dodgers

Hand crafted in Leith, Edinburgh

www.cherryblossomcandles.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Cherry Blossom Candles View Post
                  What a great idea, very kind of you!

@ CherryBlossomCandles
                  - Thanks, I like to do my bit to help the chandler community.

@ Everyone - After receiving a few requests I've now added:

- A Bipol-X calc tab (bit of a funny additive this as you add it depending on how much FO you're using but there's an upper limit for its usage so this works all that out for you now including the cut off point.)

- A Cost Per Unit calc so you can easily work out, based on the supplies you buy, how much each candle costs to produce. Should help with working out how many mattresses you'll be needing to stuff all your profits under

The latter may come as a separate tool as it spans multiple tabs itself. Undecided on this just yet...

Work on these two additions is almost complete. I just have a little user acceptance testing on the latter to make sure it fits the bill.

In addition to this I'm still working on a "wick suggestion tool" where you enter the basic details (wax type, candle type, size, FO load etc.) and it will provide a few examples of suitable wicks for that application. Well, it will give you starting points at least. As each batch of wax etc. differs there will still be some testing and tinkering needed, but all in all it should be a useful reference tool as a start for beginers...

Happy to hear any further ideas on what might be useful.. Can't promise I can deliver everything, but I'll give it a go.
                  It helps keep me occupied during my 3 hours a day commuting!

PS. The sheer number of hits on this thread would suggest there are non-registered users out there that may be interested in this tool.. I'm not selling it and expect no reward for my efforts other than the thanks of its users.
                  If you aren't registered and would like a copy, you can sign up in seconds and that will allow you to PM me your email address. The more people involved, the more ideas there are and the better the tool becomes for all.

Comment

I see Spencer101 hasn't post on these forums in some time and I have PM'd him. Does anyone know another way I may be able to get a copy of this spreadsheet?

Comment

I also PM'd him to but it doesn't seem to be publicly available ><

Comment

All of the experienced candle makers suddenly vanished from this forum a few months ago. It used to be a very vibrant group and anyone new would get loads of great advice but not now.

Comment

Another know of another forum with good candle making advice?

Comment

Hi
                            If you want to know where they went then P.M me.

Comment

there is no rule about posting other forums on here.

Comment

Originally posted by chimeracraft View Post
                                there is no rule about posting other forums on here.
                                Yes there is and any links to other forums craft related or otherwise are not allowed in posts, pm's or signatures. Please read the rules.
                                View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

Working...
                                X