Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to buy large diameter (12") molds

Hello all

I've been searching and searching for a wide diameter mold. I just can't seem to find one, can anybody here point me in the right direction?

Hi 59aardvarks,

That is a BIG mould! Not sure you'd get one that big without having it custom made.

The largest I have is 6" x 6" cylinder.

How tall do you need the mould to be?
    You may be able to create one yourself using large bore plastic piping, like the yellow stuff you see waiting to be put down under roads.

Comment

Thinking about it, I bought plaster of paris a while back and that turned up in a huge plastic bucket. Ridgeless sides and ever so slightly tapered. A bit like the one on this page: https://www.homecraft-rolyan.com/app..._item&id=27245

I remember thinking at the time I could use that as a HUGE candle mould when the plaster was all used up. (It's still half full )

Might be easier than fabricating your own...

Comment

I was thinking maybe 6" tall. So it would be wide, but not tall. I was planning to use 4 or 5 wicks...

Comment

Using the plastic tub approach would probably be your best bet to start off with.

If you're planning on making lots of them then custom moulds would be the way to go, but that size they will not come cheap...

Wicking a candle that big could be tricky, especially if you want the whole thing to burn rather than leave some of the wax.

I would definitely wick it after the wax was set by drilling holes in the wax and inserting the wick.

Good luck with it. Please come back and show us the results if/when you do manage to get it done

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer101 View Post
            Using the plastic tub approach would probably be your best bet to start off with.

If you're planning on making lots of them then custom moulds would be the way to go, but that size they will not come cheap...

Wicking a candle that big could be tricky, especially if you want the whole thing to burn rather than leave some of the wax.

I would definitely wick it after the wax was set by drilling holes in the wax and inserting the wick.

Good luck with it. Please come back and show us the results if/when you do manage to get it done
            I will indeed post the results, but it won't be anytime soon, I have lots of other projects to do first.

Comment

Just out of interest, are you planning on making this candle one solid colour? If so, was wondering what you were going to use to melt enough wax in one go for it

Comment

It's a 15 week votive
                http://www.facebook.com/rugeleycandles

Comment

Originally posted by spyderuk View Post
                  It's a 15 week votive
                  Hahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                  X