Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leannesincy
    replied
    Hi Joules I was wondering if you could elaborate on the bipol x usage? I have been pouring my soy candles at very low temp's as that is the only way I've been able to get a good scent throw. The bipol-x instructions advise to mix the FO with the bipol before adding it to the wax but I've found I don't have a scent throw at all when I do this. I've had some success adding the bipol x to the wax and waiting for it to cool before adding my FO. How do you use it and in what quantities? Thanks in advance! I'm becoming so frustrated with my candles (

Leave a comment:

• joules
    replied
    Originally posted by manug21 View Post
    Hi everybody !

Does someone use the additive CS Bipol-X ( i saw this product yesterday on the website 4Candles ) ? Is it efficient to get a better scent throw for container soy candles with US grade FO ? ( my candles doesn t smell when i lit them ) Is it easy to use ?
    Thanks for your answers

Regards
    Yes we use the additive, it is a polymer which changes the wax structure to hold onto oils and fats, if to much used the scent will not be let go, but use about 3% and you can triple the amount of fragrance oil without sweating or cracking.

Mainly used in soy wax , but can be used in paraffin, note; similar properties are made when using vybar which also aids scent throw.

If you want to minimise oil into the candles use essential oils which have not been watered down with carrier oils. When using synthetic oils we use 15% for decent scented candle when lit, otherwise you just get a good pot pourri

Leave a comment:

• Lightandbubbly
    replied
    Hi

I use CS Bipol- x but only with paraffin - it helps to make a candle 2 or 3 time more fragrant without the candle becoming an oil slick.

It is recommended that you use at least 6% FO when making scented soy candles as it doesn't take fragrance like paraffin. Give the site a call they are very friendly and check it out with them.

Leave a comment:

• removed10
    replied
    >vybar is only for parafin

Ah! Good to know!

Leave a comment:

• manug21
    replied
    Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
    Is that the same as Vybar?

I have no experience with additives...the wax I get has everything in it already. Check to be sure the wax you have doesn't already have this sort of stuff in it.
    thanks for your answer , but i don t think it is the same thing ! vybar is only for parafin , and i use only soy wax ...

Leave a comment:

• removed10
    replied
    Is that the same as Vybar?

I have no experience with additives...the wax I get has everything in it already. Check to be sure the wax you have doesn't already have this sort of stuff in it.

Leave a comment:

• manug21
    started a topic SOY wax additive : CS Bipol-X from 4candles

SOY wax additive : CS Bipol-X from 4candles

Hi everybody !

Does someone use the additive CS Bipol-X ( i saw this product yesterday on the website 4Candles ) ? Is it efficient to get a better scent throw for container soy candles with US grade FO ? ( my candles doesn t smell when i lit them ) Is it easy to use ?
    Thanks for your answers

Regards
Working...
X