Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Votive candles

Hi there

I am a newbie to this site tho have been reading on and off for a couple of weeks

Like many, I have just started making candles that I would like to sell, but am having some problems!!

Which type of blend should I use for making votive candles? I am using rapeseed wax, but am finding it very brittle and as far as I can tell have been using a blend for candle moulds. Is this right or should I try the container blend?

Many thanks in advance for your help

Janine

Hi Janine,

I've only ever experimented with Rapeseed Wax on a small scale. I can't see why it is playing you up though?? With votives I tend to use a pillar blend as I cast it in a mould and need to take it out afterwards. Do you get the brittleness with other candles or melts?? If you do maybe its the batch of wax you have??

Saying that though, I haven't made votives for quite some time now.

David

Comment

Thanks David

I guess you could say it was the batch of wax. The first (small) batch I bought was a pillar blend and then the second (larger) batch apparently was container blend

I realised the error and have bought some more pillar blend and that works fine!

Now using the container wax to make candles in tins

Janine

Comment

Working...
      X