X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jars for candles

Hi all,

Newbie here and I am sure I will be asking lots of questions if thats okay

My first one is I am looking at jars for candles and does it make a difference it the jars / containers are more narrow at the top ?

Hope this isnt too daft a question

Hi and

With regard to jars that narrow at the top, I would be very careful as they tend to intensify the heat.

The flame from the wick will have only a narrow gap to get through and the chances of it getting close or touching the glass is a lot higher. As the top is narrow, the heat generated becomes tapped in the jar itself and becomes hotter than, say, a straight-sided jar candle increasing the likelihood of cracking, smoking etc.

This is where the thickness of the jar becomes relevant as thinner jars will be less stable.

Only a personal view, but I don't use any narrow topped jars for these reasons but that doesn't mean it can't or shouldn't be done!!!!

David

Comment

Good to see you here.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome's much appreciated.

My husband and I are looking to concentrate on Beeswax Candles, hand poured and rolled, but we are also looking at the soy candles but dont really understand too much about them at the moment, so that is sometime in the future and for now concentrating on the beeswax.

We are also going to be doing a few local shows later in the summer with some new lines we are working on with some different designs...

Comment

Working...
        X