Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tapered Star Metal Mould

Hi Everyone,
    Can somebody help me please I'm trying to find a mould and the only places I can find one is America, it's a Tapered Star Mould I'm looking for, hopefully the attachement has worked and you can see what I am on about.
    Many Thanks
    Teresa
    Attached Files

Hi Teresa,

Must admit, it's an unusual one as it doesn't end at a point as most seem to do. Is it a cut'n'carve mould?

Had a look around the suppliers websites I've got bookmarked but not luck (yet) - might have to buy from US and pay the postage..

Soz I can't help more.

David

Comment

Hi David,
      Thankyou for replying yes the mould is for cut n carve, I want to try something different and didn't think it would be that hard to find a mould, I might have to go and take a look at the ones in America but you'd think in this day and age you could get what you wanted in your own country so will go hunting again.
      Thanks Again
      Teresa

Comment

Any luck with that mould Teresa??

David

Comment

Hi Again David,

I've searched the whole of the internet for these moulds in England and came to a halt nobody sells them so eventually I've ordered one from America postage was only $10.00 which I didn't think was to bad, I went for the straight edged one in the end instead of the tapered as to be honest I haven't a clue what the difference is lol, so will wait and see when it arrives.
          Knowing me I will of put all this effort into getting all the supplies only for it to be a failure but hey ho if it fails I'm sure I will make a killing on the mould if I put it on ebay. hehehe!!!
          Teresa

Comment

It's a shame we can't (over here that is) provide access to fairly straight-forward candlemaking supplies (this is a long standing bug-bear of mine lol). Maybe there just isn't the interest here in any great numbers?

I really would love to be able to provide a diverse range of supplies but it's all economies of scale etc if you have to import them. Rant over.

Good luck when it arrives - hope it does what it's meant to.

David

Comment

Had exactly the same problem and had to order from the states. However if you can get hold of the original shape, candle, that your after you can use that to make up a mould from either silicon or RTV rubber silicon, I use the latter.

Comment

In the UK we are really short of suppliers for candle makers however I get a lot of my supplies from the states as to be honest to ship over from the US can be a lot cheaper than shipping within the UK!
                Bowed Over
                Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
                www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X