Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems making a chocolate scented soy container candle. Help please???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems making a chocolate scented soy container candle. Help please???

Hi all, I have been asked to make some Soy CB135 chocolate coloured and scented glass container candles. I have had no luck yet in my trials. The scent is lovely, but the colour is mottling and looks awful. I used wax chips to colour but I'm not sure if it's the scent or the colour which is causing the problems. I have only got a little bit of my samples left so any advice would be really helpful. I tried inpex colour and can't remember the scent now but they were from 4candles so the quality isn't in question. I tried different temps but this didn't make a difference.

If anyone has any advice on this I would be really grateful.

Many thanks
    Dabhand

Hi Dabhand,
    This is right up my street! I love making chocolate candles. I use dark chocolate dye disc from www.candlemakers.co.uk. It's brilliant and you don't get the white frosting and mottling. Currently I use a 440g jar and melt 300g ecosoy Xcel wax with 2g dye and 15mil chocolate fudge fragrance (from www.4candles.co.uk) . When it's set I melt uncoloured eco wax and then scent it and whip it for the topping.

Comment

Yeh! The candles Tina make are really great!!

The dye disc piece you sent me is indeed really great and you dont really need that much of it to get a good result.

Tina I still have some choclats you have made
      yummie yummie and everyone loves the scent also!!!

Groetjes
      Anita

Comment

Hi Dabhand,
        How's it going with your chocolate candles?
        Tina.

Comment

Working...
        X