Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beadsbydesign
    Super Moderator
    Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
    • Jan 2006

writing on cnadles

How do I add writing to candles.
    i am looking at making favours for my sisters wedding and she's said she likes the idea of writing dates etc onto small candles.
    full time mum and very very part time crafter.
  • Bowed Over
    Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
    • Feb 2007

You could get candle pens which are liquid wax and can write and draw with them (they are not fine tiped though).

What you could also do is Decorative film that you put through your inkjet printer. I will attach a link to this. You don't need to go to full moons you can search the web for what you want but it is a point you can start from.

Featuring an Extensive selection of items, Fullmoons Cauldron provides high quality Craft supplies that are ideal for the beginner as well as the experienced crafter. We stock a large range of Candle Making Supplies, Natural Shimmering Wax Crystals, PMC Jewellery tools, Fimo clays, Encaustic Wax Art to name but a few.

Hope this helps.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

• beadsbydesign
      Super Moderator
      Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
      • Jan 2006

Thanks Lisa
      Thought you might be able to help!
      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

• Bowed Over
        • Feb 2007

Everyone has helped me on here loads of time so just nice to return the favour.

I think you just get 1 sheet of A4 for the decorative film so if you are going to use that for the favours I would put lots of the names and things and run off a test sheet on A4 - get as many in as you can.

All the best.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

• JBJB
          Super Big Crafter
          • Apr 2007

I recommend :

(www) dot craftycomputerpaper dot co dot uk

They do a water-slide inkjet paper :

" These are the papers you need if you want to apply your decals to any non-porous surface but don't need to put the finished object in the dishwasher. (You can hand-wash them in hot soapy water without the images fading or flaking off.) Our 'water-slide' papers are a 'dream come true' for model-makers: now you can make unique decals for all your trains, boats, planes, die casts, remote control models and the like. They're also perfect for transfers onto wood that has been painted or sealed, glass, plastics and melamine (for decorative plates, for example), soap and metal objects: no need to buy different papers for different surfaces. And if you fancy making the most stunning personalised candles they're ideal for transfers onto wax too: the candles will burn normally - if you can bear to watch your creations disappear, that is! "

They really do have papers and decals for everything and I've recommended them 3 times on the forum now so I'm going to ask them if I can get some commission!!
          Blog Website Flickr

Comment

• Bowed Over
            • Feb 2007

Will need to have a look see. Do they melt along with the Candles because you would really need that to happen or they will look pretty naff when they are burning (and I have seen my fair share of duffers In can tell you).

Cheers will have a look.

Lisa
            Bowed Over
            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

• JBJB
              Super Big Crafter
              • Apr 2007

I've never used them personally as I don't make candles, but I do use other craftycomputerpaper products and have never had any problems. It does say "if you can bear to watch your creations disappear" so I guess it does burn with the candle.
              Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Working...
              X