Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Container candle weights

How do you weigh a container candle?
    For example what constitutes for example an 8oz candle?
    Do you weigh the finished product and deduct the weight of the jar or do you label it according to the amount of wax used?
    TIA

That's an interesting question... I bought 4 oz. jars, filled them to the fill line, and assumed i had a 4 oz. candle! Well, I suppose, if you have a scale, weigh the container before filling. I wouldn't think you'd have to weigh each one, if you bought several of the same container...then weigh after filling...yoiks, sounds tedious...

Comment

Originally posted by cosmic grammie View Post
      That's an interesting question... I bought 4 oz. jars, filled them to the fill line, and assumed i had a 4 oz. candle! Well, I suppose, if you have a scale, weigh the container before filling. I wouldn't think you'd have to weigh each one, if you bought several of the same container...then weigh after filling...yoiks, sounds tedious...

Spot on - weigh the container before adding wax then deduct that weight from the poured candle - or be really lazy like me and get a set of self tarring scales. All you need to do is sit the container on it, set it to zero, pour your wax and weigh again. Anything for an easy life me!!!

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X