I'm addicted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm addicted

I placed my second order two days ago for more wax and wick. I've made two candles for practice just using recycled glass jars that I saved (pasta sauce jars), they worked out fine but aren't pretty to look at, but I will certainly be using them!

Then I bought some glasses with chunky bases from Homebase and made 3 candles out of those. Hubby was so impressed with them that he suggested making candles as Christmas gifts, so today we went out and bought more glasses

After Christmas I think I'll start experimenting with fragrance oils, can anyone suggest a particular brand or type that is suitable for Ecosoya CB-135 wax?

Welcome to the addiction - this is where it all starts!!

Soy can be a bit of a pain some hot and cold throw are fantastic some aren't. I find the spicy, cinnamoney ones work well in soy.

Try Jo at Sensory Perfection she has a huge range and her service is great. If your not too sure just ask her she will be able to point you in the right direction.

HTH.

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

...good on you.. you'll have loads of fun now.

Most FOs are OK for soy (UK & US) and sensory perfection, whicksnwhacks, and 4candles have good ranges.

Getting all the ratios right (FO:Wax) can be a pain in the rear though but all part of the learning & enjoyment process. Ditto wicks (and still getting it wrong sometimes!).

You'll have to post some pics if you get chance

David

Comment

Working...
      X