What do I need ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need ?

So my GF is up for making some candles...

What do I need to get her to start.. ?

Thanks

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Best thing to do is get a candle making kit just do a search on google for candle making kits. The first one I used was from Full Moons Cauldron, it was good enough had everything you need but I don't like their scents.

She will need to decide whether she wants to go the natural wax (soy) or paraffin wax. I would probably say paraffin wax to try out because soy can be a bit tricky and this might put her off making candles.

Just make sure the kit has Paraffin wax (usually about 1kg), stearin or vybar, mould, wick, mould sealer (although I tend to use blutac for that), fragrance, dye, instruction booklet and the most important thing is a thermometer (this has to be a special thermometer for candles because of the high temperatures - I think they call it a candy thermometer in America). The one thing I will advise strongly is to keep an eye on the temperature as wax has a flash point and don't want a Kaboom in the kitchen.

Just play around with the kit and see what comes out - you can always re-melt the candle and start again.

Hope this helps. Anything else just give me a shout.

All the best.

Lisa

Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
    X