Hello everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello everyone

Hi my name is Lupin and i make candles just for me as a hobby but i was wondering has anyone made a weeping rose candle ?
    As i would love to make one .
    And were do you all get your molds from if you dont mind sharing with me.

Hi & to the forum x
    www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

Thank you for the warm welcome hunni .

Comment

Sorry, I can't help.... but welcome!!
        Heidi

Comment

Hi Lupin,

If I am on the right track, the weeping rose candles are the ones I know as ‘bleeding ‘candles. As they burn a different coloured ‘inner’ wax leaks over the outer (normally lighter) wax. I have not made any myself as I work with soy wax and it does not tend to lend itself very well to pillar/taper candles – or at least it doesn’t for me.

I believe the art to making these is moulding an initial candle (say taper) in a bold colour i.e. blood red. Then, the candle is dipped a number of times in a different colour, say white. When the candle is lit, the outer layers burn away and the ‘core’ colour burns through and drips down the candle giving the effect of the ‘bleeding’.

If I am completely on the wrong track here my apologies and I’ll blame it on late night ‘surfing’.

Moulds – really depends on what type you are looking for. Good choices at Thornes and Full Moon Cauldron.

HTH

David

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from me too.

Another way you can get the bleeding effect is by filling your mould with light coloured wax and letting the wax set a bit. When you have a thickish shell pour the wax out into your pot then add your darker contrast colour to it. Let the shell set a bit and let the wax in the pot cool a bit so the colours don't bleed then pour into the candle shell.
            HTH.

Lisa

Bowed Over
            Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
            www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Lupin. good to see you here.
              Carol
              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
              X