wood wicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wood wicks

Ever heard of them? Anyone ever tried them and what did you think? They're supposed to crackle!

Hi,

I tried these out recently with a couple of soy container candles (tins) and a votive. Must admit my attempts were not very successful at all. The wicks started off fine and then tended to 'die down' very quickly until the wick just seemed to be 'smouldering'. It stayed alight and mine did intermittedly 'crackle'.

I may have been doing something completely wrong of course and will try again as I have half a dozen left.

Be interested to hear of anyone else who has tried (and hopefully succeeded).

David

Comment

I read that you have to order them a size or two larger for soy container candles. That's what I did...and I got an FO called "woodfire" so it should smell like a campfire and crackle...HOPEFULLY!

Comment

God luck with the wicks - let us know how they go. I will try again although I recall reading somewhere that they suit larger diameter candles rather than smaller ones. Might have to order larger wicks.

David

Comment

Working...
        X