No announcement yet.

Safe To Put Candles On Market Stall ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safe To Put Candles On Market Stall ??

Does anyone know if it's safe to put scented and non scented soy candles on a market stall that's outside. Does the sunlight etc effect them ?

How long will the candles last once made ?

Thanks

Nat

Not quite the same but similar.

We have the same problem with lip balms and creams - I keep my eye on them and try to keep them in the shade.

last week end was fun

A plus point is that the warmth really does bring out the flavours.

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by name View Post
      Does anyone know if it's safe to put scented and non scented soy candles on a market stall that's outside. Does the sunlight etc effect them ?

How long will the candles last once made ?

Thanks

Nat
      Not come across vampire candles before.. very goth!

(sorry, couldn't resist! )

Comment

As you are putting them on a market stall I assume you are going to sell them – good luck.

Soy Wax burns cooler than, say, paraffin wax and this increases the candle life by burning for longer. It also has a lower melt point and is more susceptible to direct sunlight where it may ‘sweat’ in which case all you need do is to remove it from the heat source and allow to cool down.

You will also find that different types of soy wax have different melting temperatures i.e. pillar wax and container wax. It is this lower melt point that makes small pillar candles especially hard to make and master (or in my case so far impossible!).

When outside, there are a number of factors that will affect the candle including, the general temperature, direct sunlight, wind/draughts and even the level of the table you are putting them on! Wind will make a candle burn unevenly and at times erratically. So, it depends if you are going to just sell them and/or burn them. If you are on a market stall, I would be hesitant to burn any as there are a lot of potential problems outside of your control none more so than the general public. A lot of flammable materials close together etc. I haven’t sold on a market stall before but the organisers may restrict any direct flames on stalls for H&S reasons.

If none are being lit then the sunlight/temperature will be the biggest problem especially with the wonderful weather we are having at the mo! Maybe take a couple of coolly boxes with a few ice packs to keep the stock protected.

Maybe a coffin shaped one for the vampire candles. Fangs very much!!

Hope this helps.

Oddsox

Comment

Working...
        X